German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
He looks like a mix, just cause his coloring. But then, if you look closer to user that his snout is alittle different then most german shepherds. And then the ear, which doesn't mean that he is a mix, but just because of all the other things that make him a mix, the ear is probably not going up cause of him being a mix (I know pure gsds can have floppy ears too)
He's beautiful, though. I really like him. :)
Something about him screams border collie and gsd mix.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
324 Posts
He looks like a mix, just cause his coloring. But then, if you look closer to user that his snout is alittle different then most german shepherds. And then the ear, which doesn't mean that he is a mix, but just because of all the other things that make him a mix, the ear is probably not going up cause of him being a mix (I know pure gsds can have floppy ears too)
He's beautiful, though. I really like him. :)
Something about him screams border collie and gsd mix.

You notice*** not to user

·
Registered
381 Posts
He looks like a mix to me too. His snout appears to be shorter than a pure GSD's snout.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I vote GSDxHusky.
Definitely not pure. Beautiful, but not pure GSD.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Had to add, I'd say on first glance a Chinook mix, but there aren't exactly many chinooks running around willy-nilly to breed plentiful mixes, lol!!

Also to clarify, the down ear has nothing to do with my guess. It has to do with the head shape, muzzle, the way the colors came out, coat type and texture, and structure of the shoulders in front.

Since you have his papers you should know exactly what he is, though. AKC or UKC papers are a pretty good bet at 'proving' he's pure. CKC papers are equivalent to a signed "I swear he is" note from the breeder. Just dig through your stuff and look! Let us know when you find the papers. :)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Depending on the breeder, I wouldn't be so sure to trust the papers to prove he's pure. It's easy to buy an AKC bitch on CL, breed her to the first AKC male you come across and tie her up outside, leaving her to be bred again to any roaming male that passes by....

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Definitely a mix but I think you already know that as you have had several threads and all of which you have been told he is a mix.

·
Super Moderator
27,461 Posts
Not sure why you keep asking, you can also compare to all the other GSD's pictured on the forum. I'm sure he's a wonderful dog you love, but he does look like a mix.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Id guess GSD x Mal or Husky - depending on weight.

Gorgeous dog, regardless.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts