German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so frustrated am I am looking for any suggestions please.....
Over the last week my boy of 8 wonderful years has been having bouts of soft serve poop with mucus in them. One day solid poop and next soft.
We have tested the poop and negative. He is happy, playful and his usual self. He eats half raw and Core Ocean. Right now he is eating rice,cooked ground beef and chicken and half cup of Core.

Could it be the dry food which he has been on for years and they tell me no change to formula. I also thought he maybe starting to have difficulty with digestion, but soft serve poop has no evidence of food not being processed. I put some pumpkin in his meal last night also.
Please if anyone has ideas I would Love the Help

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
My first dog started having diarrhea with mucus and blood after he had been on raw for a few years. The doctor didn't come up with anything. That I ended up doing was switching to kibble and then try a bunch of different ones until I found one that worked for him. I had a hard time because he was allergic to chicken and it's hard to find foods without any chicken in it.

It seems I've heard other people say that their dog's have gone through this. I don't remember what their solution was.

How is he doing on the special meals you are making now? If he gets back to normal, gradually make changes and see if you find what the cause is.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He seems okay with the cooked food and the mistake I think I made was to add the Ester C back in and his herbs for joints and it blew him out. I am also starting to worry about Core Ocean if they have changed anything. I am going to move slow ans see what happens and if I change anything it is going to be very slow.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.