German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
Long story short.
A little over a year ago, my husband bought me Breeze, a female from Cain de Lupe Kennels. I was to train her to take the place of my retiring SD.

I started training with her but my mobility took a dive, so much that I’m homebound and in a scooter chair.i don’t make it outside too much.
I’ve been bed bound for over a month. Starting to walk again.

I want to give Breeze to a veteran in search of a SD candidate or to a non-profit who trains dogs for veterans or to law enforcement to train. I’ve reached out to a few sheriff’s departments about donating her. People are suspicious that I’m trying to dump a dog.

Her pedigree is impressive. She is born to work. The most athletic dog we’ve ever had, fast, smart, the ambassador for all GSDs. She would love the sporting world too.

I can’t give her the active life she deserves.
Does anyone know of an individual or program or dog trainer close to N Georgia? We’re on the Alabama line and an hour away from Chattanooga. I’m willing to donate her to a veteran or someone in need of an SD. They will have to train her. If she’s going to a private owner, then she would not be a donation

I’ll try to post pics.
06878A4E-848D-4919-B693-B7BF8E9B14D1.jpeg
C8956FD9-F384-4733-8ABE-222A7A076664.jpeg
2939F08C-2D6D-4C0B-A36C-1E2A48715EFE.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
31,129 Posts
You don't have a contract with your breeder for 1st right of refusal?
Do you have her pedigree?
Is she spayed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’d rather explore options close to me. I know the breeder sells to law enforcement and border patrol. I want to meet the new handler.

·
Registered
31,129 Posts
I wasn't asking because I'm interested. I was asking because people will want to know. I'm sure the breeder does sell primarily K9's with the pedigrees they have listed. You would be better off working thru your breeder to find a home if you want something close to you where you can meet the handler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’ll consider it.
I know one of the problems with veterans groups is getting dogs. I have a heart for veterans with PTSD. I believe I will find the home that is right for her.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ll consider it.
My SD totally changed my life 12 years ago. I want a soldier to experience what I’ve experienced. If possible. The need for dogs seems urgent to me.
i will find where she belongs. No rush. She has a pet/farm home with me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts