German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already placed child locks on the fridge, cabinets, and trash cans because he figured them out. I've caught him biting the doorknobs and pulling so he's pretty close to figuring that one out...today while I was getting ready for work Sage was on his bed chewing on a nylabone like usual...at least I thought so. He figured out how to use the zipper on his bed and was pulling the stuffing out. His bed is made by KONG and yeah it IS chew proof but Sage found a way around that

I put everything back zipped it up thinking it was just a fluke that he managed to open it and he went right for the zipper again and pulled it open!!

ideas anyone?

·
Registered
15,884 Posts
Yes, you can cut the pull off. Or if you sew it shut you can rip the stitching out when you want to wash it. A safety pin MIGHT work but watch it because you don't want him to eat that or jab himself with it. Bitter apple spray on the zipper might discourage him too.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
have had that problem.

remove the pull and when you want to wash it, attach a large safety pin in the hole that the tab was in and use it as the pull.

Once you get the cover back on, take the safety pin off again.

Strange the skills this breed teaches one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts