German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can anyone help in getting a dog being rehomed from Michigan (private home) to me in NY? I'm in southern NY near the NJ border. In a perfect world, he'd leave from Michigan but he can be driven to meet someone near(ish) in Ohio if necessary.

If anyone knows of any paid transporter that makes that run, please let me know asap. This dog needs to be moved soon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Gosh, If I wasnt expecting puppies any minute, and it was the beginning of the weekend, I could do a leg of transport for you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I'm in Ann Arbor, MI - Looks like there's already someone in my area but I can be back up or whatever is needed. Depending on the day of transport, I can go to the PA line.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
how are you doing on finding transport for this dog?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys so much for this! Right now I have a possibility of getting him on a rescue transport, but it's not defininte yet. Would be much preferable to trying to coordinate this 12 hour trip myself!

So it's still up in the air, and I haven't been able to locate any paid transport that makes that run, either.

I will update as I know anything more, and if anyone has a suggestion, please let me know!

Thank you again!!

·
Registered
32,553 Posts
You should look at a map and set a path. It makes it easier to find volunteers to drive. Also, contact rescues such as BDBH to see if they will help you set up a transport run.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
there is a possibility that i can offer you paid transport, but it would depend upon your time frame, since i would need time to make sure that i understood the circumstances and knew exactly where the dog was going.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Jax. I'm trying really hard not to have to coordinate a multiple-leg trip myself, but will if I have to and am currently figuring out, as you say, the best handoff points etc. Would love to find someone responsible (preferably known to people here and with checkable refs etc) willing to drive him the entire way as paid transport. Along those lines:

katieliz - sending you a PM to see what you have in mind. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An update: The dog is going to be driven straight from MI to NY by one person! After much talking to DeeMcB, she's going to be driving him the entire way! Thanks so much Dee... (And yeah, we've checked each other out quite thoroughly with refs etc!)

So he'll be here in a tiny bit over a week. Fingers crossed for decent weather!

Thanks SO much to everyone who offered to drive a leg of this long 600+ mile trip. I SO appreciate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts