German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i hope i'm asking this in the right forum; i would like to locate a dog's pedigree; all i know are his parents' names; is this possible?

thanks for your help
ellen

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sire is raider von ward and dam is juno von roxie

i tried the german shepherd pedigree data base, but no luck; i'm thinking maybe the akc????

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
he's not mine; i'm trying to find some info about him; how did you discover that raider is akc reg'd? i'd like to try to trace his pedigree and see what his background is

is there a website that i can use?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
i have an akc account and can 'manage' dogs on the site and look through registered dogs and I typed in his name and his info came up.

you would have to make an account to be able to access his info and then once you have made one you can go over to the tab on the side and click 'manage dogs' and then click add dog, then type in his name, wait for his name to pop up on your computer screen, and then add, then you go from there and look up the info provided.

I haven't been able to find anything on juno von roxie though

Good luck!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
can anybody set up this account or do you need to be a breeder? i'd just like to look at this dog's pedigree; i believe he's the product of a byb

is there any way that you can tell me his pedigree info? or how i can look at it?
ellen

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
If you set up an account on the AKC website (it's free, and no you don't have to be a breeder, anyone can do it) you can look up an individual dog. However, only info that will give you is dog's name and registration number. You cannot research pedigrees on the AKC website. Only way to get a pedigree from AKC is to purchase it. Can't get it for free.

And a pedigree still won't tell you anything about the dogs, just lists the ancestry: names, registration numbers, colors, any AKC titles they held. That's it. Though once you know the names of the ancestors, you can probably research more about them through other sources.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts