German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some advice. My husband and I generally walk Marcus separately. I do most of the walks but he will walk him on the weekends. So tonight we decided to walk him together it was a disaster. He would not focus on my husband at all and had terrible leash manners so we decided I was would go home and he would finish the walk. Well it got even worse and Marcus ended up pulling my husband down trying to get back to me. Let me begin by saying my husband gets frustrated with him easily and this did not help. When then came back I took the leash and my husband walked behind and Marcus behaved perfectly. I am not sure what to do to help this situation. When we walked back home my husband took the leash and then he was fine. Marcus is a 9 month old intact male.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
So I need some advice. My husband and I generally walk Marcus separately. I do most of the walks but he will walk him on the weekends. So tonight we decided to walk him together it was a disaster. He would not focus on my husband at all and had terrible leash manners so we decided I was would go home and he would finish the walk. Well it got even worse and Marcus ended up pulling my husband down trying to get back to me. Let me begin by saying my husband gets frustrated with him easily and this did not help. When then came back I took the leash and my husband walked behind and Marcus behaved perfectly. I am not sure what to do to help this situation. When we walked back home my husband took the leash and then he was fine. Marcus is a 9 month old intact male.
I'm not sure you have a situation. He got a little too excited with the difference in how he'd normally go out, then you settled him down and he was ok. It sounds like you handled it fine, now just practice that a little more so that he knows a walk is a walk with one of you or both.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts