German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here, im just trying to get some answers, I adopted a 3 year old male shepherd in Feb.2013 from a shelter, he has been sick with the runs and blood and blood clots since day 1, I took him to an ER vet , she said it was most likely a food change from shelter, she put him on antibiotics and chicken rice diet,he is a very large dog but only weighed about 75#. After 2 weeks of meds and diet I took him to my vet, he felt all this bleeding was from being a stray for who knows how long and eating garbage and road kill, he was put on more meds for about 3 more weeks and chicken and rice diet, to this day he still has runs, vomits and drinks water like crazy.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
What tests did the vet(s) run??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bomber is an exceptionally great dog, Since Feb.2013 I have spent 1000.00 in vet bills and tons more on special diets, he has been on Natures science, chicken sweet potato and pumpkin , it seems to help his belly. I feel so sorry for him cas he just seems sad, I have another dog who loves to play, he is 3 also. But Bomber gets so short of breath so easy. I was contemplating just having him put to sleep so he dont suffer,i just dont know what to do anymore.today for the first time he puked and had the runs in his kennel,it breaks my heart.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Sorry to hear he has been so sick. Have you fasted him for 24 hours to kind of hit the "restart" button on his digestive system? Also have they x-rayed to make sure there is not something in there that is causing this? There are some other viruses that others will bring up that should be tested for but I am sure your vet has done it. Hope he feels better soon.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Has he been checked for heartworms? Parasites? Diabetes?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't have any advice to give but I would like to say that Sharonrobb, you are a really good person!!!

Bomber is an exceptionally great dog, Since Feb.2013 I have spent 1000.00 in vet bills and tons more on special diets, he has been on Natures science, chicken sweet potato and pumpkin , it seems to help his belly. I feel so sorry for him cas he just seems sad, I have another dog who loves to play, he is 3 also. But Bomber gets so short of breath so easy. I was contemplating just having him put to sleep so he dont suffer,i just dont know what to do anymore.today for the first time he puked and had the runs in his kennel,it breaks my heart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts