German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my neighbor has 2 little dogs. when she walks them on leash she walks them on our front lawn and lets them pee/poop everywhere and never cleans it. when she walks them off leash she lets them run all over our property and lets them poop/pee without cleaning it up. what should i do? its not just us she does this to all our neighbors but they dont seem to care??? but i do. i don't like walking in my yard and stepping in dog crap (my dog goes in one area of the yard). plus they're peeing/pooping in our garden, on stuff, etc. it's annoying and rude. we don't have a relationship with this person or even know their name. what should i do? i don't want to be a jerk about it, but is there really a nice way to say "hey you inconsiderate butt, can you stop being lazy and pick up after your dogs and keep them off my property"????

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
hello from another jerseyite, for me this is simple , i would tell her how you trained your gsd to go in one spot in the yard and ask her not to let her dogs mess up your yard. might also hint that your well trained gsd doesn't get along well with small dogs and you would hate to see anything happen to her dogs while on your property.

·
Registered
27,206 Posts
Sometimes living in an apartment has it's benefits....
if you don't have a relationship, nothing lost in standing up for your rights. I wouldn't hesitate to let her know she is tresspassing, and she is the one who is being rude, not you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have an attitude this time of the month if you know what I'm talking about....and if it were me...on this day, I would scoop it up and put it back in her yard.....and do it every time she does it .BAHAHA

No, I'm just kidding....

·
Registered
702 Posts
I dont like confrontation..I think first I would spike a sign of some sort on the front of my yard. If that didnt work, then I may confront in person, pointing out the sogn and what it means. But I'm a wuss with people.. I prefer to deal with dogs.

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I would first post the sign, OR if you see her coming, go on out there with a POOP bag and hand it to her when her dog poops on the lawn..if THAT doesn't work, yes, I'd bag it up and return it to her..

Or take your dog to her lawn and let him use it for his bathroom:)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
set booby traps in your yard. dig out a hole and cover it with mesh and a little bit of dirt.. would be SO funny watching her dogs fall in it!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jakoda-that's a gorgeous dog you've got there!
kaity-OH MY GOD i would pee myself laughing!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
she knows what she's doing and stays away. like today i ran to my car for my ipod. i saw in the distance she was walking them off leash and they were pooping at the back of my property. i started walking over towards her but she saw me and quickly turned and just walked away super fast, calling her dogs who didn't listen and continued to poop/pee in my yard. so i have to be sneaky about it so she doesn't see/hear my coming.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I would totally be asking her face to face, when she has her dogs in your yard, to stop. If she tends to try to leave, get out there with a camera and take pictures of her dogs in your yard pooping so she sees you are gatering evidence and maybe she will take a hint. If not, you can look up her name on property tax records or maybe reverse lookup online if you have her address. Then you can send her a letter asking her to stop. I have also found it VERY effective to say to people "OH! Please be SURE to wash your dogs' paws off right away when you get home! Our lawn is treated with chemicals that are toxic to dogs!"

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
In our area, it is illegal for us to let our dogs go on anyone's yard. They can call the police...it's a city ordinance. Even if we clean up the poop, it's still against the law.

Check with your city, you may have a similar law on the books. If so, write her a letter, quote the code and tell her (from all the neighbors) that you will enforce the ordinance if she violates it.

Also, you can post a sign and then if that doesn't work, a flaming bag of poop doorbell ditched on her should do the trick (OK, maybe NOT flaming...but certainly returned to the rightful owner. :) )

It REALLY irks me when people do this...I can totally understand your irritation. I hope you can get it stopped.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
if you know where she lives, then i would walk up to her front door, knock on it, and then have a stern talking to her. What nerve she has letting her dog deficate on your property!!!!!!!!!!! If you do see her starting to walk the other way, kindly call out to her and remind her of the leash laws in the state of nj, not to mention the picking up after your dog laws too. I think you have been more than gracious and patient not to confront her, good luck and dont take any CRAP!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
maybe catching her in the act could be enough to keep
her away. i think catching her and taking pictures could be
fun.

she knows what she's doing and stays away. like today i ran to my car for my ipod. i saw in the distance she was walking them off leash and they were pooping at the back of my property. i started walking over towards her but she saw me and quickly turned and just walked away super fast, calling her dogs who didn't listen and continued to poop/pee in my yard. so i have to be sneaky about it so she doesn't see/hear my coming.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts