German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we got Kratos from his breeder his papers from the Canadian Kennel Club weren't back yet, and she told us she'd mail them to us. No problem, the problem is now its been quiet a few weeks and getting a hold of her to tell her we moved into a larger house has been an issue. I've sent her an e-mail stating that, and never got one back from her (but my friend who was looking at her puppies got emails back from our breeder).

So hubby decided to call her and left a message saying that we would just be happy with a scanned verison...I'm just so frustrated. How long does it take to get papers back from the CKC? Should I be worried?

If I can't get a hold of the breeder can I just request from the CKC and explain what has happened? I do have both Kratos' parent's names with their registration number things.

Hubby is just worried we got screwed and we got an unregistered dog, which would suck. If that's the case how can we register him?

Thanks.

PS Here are his parents

CH SUNNYSIDE'S DREW ME IN FONSECA UU266255 (sire)

UE223062 BMU AIRABELLA (dam)

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
are they kratos registration papers she mailed in, or a litter registration?

I'm not sure how things work in Canada, it usually doesn't take to long here in the states to get one's akc reg paperwork.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She got our information (like address, my name and contact number) and stuff for both the microchip and his papers. She said it was his papers she was mailing. But I'm wondering if maybe she's waiting to send in all the puppy's registrations at once?

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Why is it so important that he's registered? I understand that you purchased a dog that has papers, but what are you going to do if you don't get the papers? Return the dog?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
so it sounds like 'His" registration.. Maybe you can call CKC, since you have his parents names / reg numbers to find out if kratos is registered and if he's registered to you..thats what I would do anyway.

And I would say it's important, as when someone buys a dog who is supposed to be 'registered' and promised registration papers, then that's what they should receive

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not gonna give Kratos back no. But its important because you pay for it, as well as you've been promised it right. I mean its like someone saying that your house has a dishwasher, and you see a dishwasher, but when you move in there is no dishwasher. You don't return the apartment, but you sure as heck aren't impressed!

As for what we may do, we've tossed around possibly showing him or rally or obidence. Things that would require proof of CKC.

Also if I know NOW if I'm not getting papers then I can call the CKC and see if I can get them or start the registration. Which is something that I was expecting to have done for me. I was thinking of calling the CKC (tomorrow when they're open).

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
And I would say it's important, as when someone buys a dog who is supposed to be 'registered' and promised registration papers, then that's what they should receive
So what happens if there are no papers? I'm not saying they shouldn't get them, since they were under the impression they would, I just want to know what happens if they don't.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
I'm not gonna give Kratos back no. But its important because you pay for it, as well as you've been promised it right. I mean its like someone saying that your house has a dishwasher, and you see a dishwasher, but when you move in there is no dishwasher. You don't return the apartment, but you sure as heck aren't impressed!

As for what we may do, we've tossed around possibly showing him or rally or obidence. Things that would require proof of CKC.

Also if I know NOW if I'm not getting papers then I can call the CKC and see if I can get them or start the registration. Which is something that I was expecting to have done for me. I was thinking of calling the CKC (tomorrow when they're open).
I don't know if the CKC is the same as AKC, but AKC allows a dog without papers to be registered for the kind of things you want to do. Good Luck to you, I do hope it all works out.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
well they already said they wouldn't return him, worse comes to worse, they can file a complaint with CKC, get something like here in the states PAL reg..tho if I paid ALOT of money for a puppy that was supposed to come with reg papers, I would be doing 'something' in order to either get those papers, or get some purchase price returned.

Different if they 'knew' they weren't getting a reg'd dog..

·
Registered
31,709 Posts
Call her again. Does she own both dogs or just the dam?

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
It took me a year to get Hans's CKC papers.

·
Registered
31,709 Posts
And do you have a contract?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The breeer owns the dam, as well as the dam's mother. But not the sire. The sire is from the breeder's breeder...If that doesn't make sense sorry.

·
Registered
31,709 Posts
no. lol. I was asking the OP.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sadly, I do not have a contract I offered to sign one but she stated it wasn't necessary. Which probably should have been a red flag. Ugh feeling like a slight fool.

·
Registered
31,709 Posts
ohhhhh....I would call her again. If she doesn't return the call, I would call the sire's breeder who is easy to find online and just say you haven't been able to contact her, hope all is well, blah blah blah. :) They might have some insight on the papers and if there are any hold ups since there seems to be a close connection there. I would call the CKC, can't hurt.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right. I just wanted to make sure that hubby going "You should call the breeder" fifteen times a day wasn't just HIM being paranoid. We've never owned a dog with papers, always rescued dogs with no papers so this part is new.

Either way papered or not he's a great pup. I'll contact the sire's breeder and the CKC if the breeder doesn't respond.

And one year? Wow. I read on the CKC website it should only take about 10 days or so. So....Who knows, I know its busy season a lot of puppies are born in Jan/Feb area.

·
Registered
9,723 Posts
Yup. They arrived after Hans's first birthday.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It says you're in Florida though o_O are you sure you mean Canadian not Continental?Not that I don't believe you just want to make sure we're talking about the same organization =)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts