German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, me and hubby will be driving up to Taos from south TX for xmas. We will be taking our adorable Charlie, our GSD who will be 1 yr and 2 months by then.

I have done extensive research as to where to stay. We are looking into either Arroyo Seco or Blueberry Rd. areas. We will rent a house and have like 3 really good prospects. However, I need your input as to which of those areas would be best to stay at since we want to take long walks with Charlie, maybe hiking trails, etc. Can anyone out there help us out?

We are driving primarily to take him with us, it would break my heart to leave him behind, I rather not go. So please help out with the best location to stay, thanks!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
This is an old post but hopefully my reply will be helpful - I'm a new transplant to NM, and I don't have great specific advice for Taos, but I will say this - NM seems to be a really dog-friendly state! Honestly, I think it's state law to own at least one dog here.

You'll be able to hike with your pup (on-leash) in lots of places, and there are definitely dog-friendly hotels in Taos.

Here's a link to some dog-friendly recommendations in Taos:

dog-friendly taos

and for the state of New Mexico:

dog-friendly new mexico

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
I lived in NM for 4 years (east of Albuquerque, worked in Abq) and spent quite a bit of time in Taos. At that time of year you will want snowshoes and/or xx skis. I used to go xx skiing up there every winter and it was gorgeous. I always took my dog with me and no one cared. She was off leash and it was never an issue. Things are very laid back up there! What a fun place to visit!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts