German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone can recommend a good online store?

I am looking for a intermediate bite sleeve. Jute with a handle. Soft sleeve NOT hard.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Anyone can recommend a good lonline store?

I am looking for a intermediate bite sleeve. Jute with a handle. Soft sleeve NOT hard.
I've gotten all my stuff from elitek9.com and been pleased

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasn't sure of them but will check out thanks for the recommendation.

So many shady places online

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
I wasn't sure of them but will check out thanks for the recommendation.

So many shady places online
Been buying from them for years, and in fact the trainer I worked with Sunday was wearing a shirt from them so he must also buy from them and all he does is dog training. They seem to have a much larger police k9/MWD slant, but do have anything you'd need for schutzhund.

I'm sure I've spent thousands with them with no issue at all. Probably 20 orders by now.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts

·
Registered
6,637 Posts
It's a good company with excellent service!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had someone refer me to them. Only problem.....they are higher than a giraffe's *ss.
I am still trying to figure out why.
I have also checked Ray Allen and this site below...
http://www.bite-sleeve-schutzhund-arm-store.com/

Problem with the site in the link above is that you can find like 3 companies with the same exact equipment and the address is the same. Makes me kinda leary of them. Prices are hard to beat though. I do like their X Sleeve and their intermediate jute sleeve. Again though, you find the same exact things on 2 other websites at 3 different prices.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I've gotten a lot of stuff from EliteK9. I use their "ball on a rope", and their thin double handled tug. I also have bite suit from them, and other stuff. I don't own one of their sleeves, but have seen them, and they appear well made. I'm happy with the quality of their products that I own.

I like gundogsupply.com for some things as well...typically you wouldn't think of a hunting dog site to have things applicable to "working" dogs, but the hunting dog people clearly have come up with some products that are useful to working dog people, and dog owners in general. I got my Alfa blank pistol from them (which is superior quality) in addition to the coolest, most well made crate cover I've ever seen, and some other miscellaneous stuff.

As for sleeves: ask a million helpers, and you will get a million different answers. I know several helpers that try them all, then return to a Gappay. I have a Gappay, as does one of my training partners. I recently had a chance to examine a sleeve made by Horton's. It was extremely well made, and was a real work of art, and is made in the USA. Probably the nicest constructed sleeve I've ever seen. A work of art, so much so that it's owner and I joked about not wanting to let a dog bite it, it was so beautiful. :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like Hallmark but they are just so expensive.
I ended up getting a sleeve from fordogtrainers.com
Shipment was fast and sleeve is pretty nice so I have no complaints. Price was almost too good to be true but was perfect.

Gappy from what I seen makes some great products and many people recommend it. I will look at theie line of products some more.

Thanks for the additional site!

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol..no worries. Thanks for the additional sites as they are always needed

I have heard a ton of good hthings about Schweikert as well.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I've purchased from Ray Allen, Hallmark and ElitieK9 and they are all great, some more $$ than the others but all of them got here (Canada) in a timely fashion and are of great quality. Recommend all of them.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Not sure if you are still looking, but I am a huge fan of Bridgeport Equipment. Plus, it's family owned, so you get the BEST customer service. Even before I ordered, I called and they shipped me a bulk amount of catalogs so I can pass them out at the club, and if we ever hold a trial ( here, or when we move and go to another club), they will ship them in super bulk to be handed out ( I know it sounds so dumb, but some companies are stingy)

·
Registered
283 Posts
+1 on Bridgeportequipment.com

I usually buy my Nylabones, prong collars, and misc stuff from them. I recently got a muzzle from them that was of very good quality for such a reasonable price. They have monthly discount specials on various product lines, so keep an eye out for those...last page of the catalog :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Yes I love them. I was going to order some Nylabones while they were on sale, but I think I will save more waiting for the leather specials and not paying for shipping every month

1 - 18 of 18 Posts