German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We live in Bergen county and I would like a good trainer referral in NJ. Someone who will help especially with the socialization aspect. At my puppy's age, I would also prefer someone who will work with the dog to teach him rather than just use a prong or pinch collar.

·
Premium Member
11,316 Posts
I think Meghan Rabon lives up that way.....she does some private work with people with pets...

she is 'phgsd' on this forum

Lee

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
I used Hal Wheeler school for dogs. In Cedar Grove off of Pompton Ave. Great school, large indoor training area. They offer group classes and personal. Mike is the Owner, very nice, and has been there for over 50 years.

I might try Morris k9 also, just to look into other programs. Hall Wheeler will really give you the training with the dog to get the obedience down. They also groom and board. extremely nice boarding areas.

I want to look into either daily classes for some type of fun, or PP. all the Shutz clubs are filled

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I want to look into either daily classes for some type of fun, or PP. all the Shutz clubs are filled
Why not try herding? We have one of 2 HGH clubs in the entire country here in NJ, and we have room for another dog or two. The link is in my signature if anyone is interested...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts