German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where to buy a good quality police type belt to keep a 100lb dog attached to my waist. I need to do some hands free training.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you:)

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes a heavy one. I have a dog that doesn't like strangers and want to eventually get her into a class (not private like I am in now). I have to anchor her to my waist and hold another lead as a back up. She is 100lbs and that is the reason the instructor asked for this. I also want to train her without sending my nervous signals down the lead so the belt would be the way to go. I know I saw one on the web and can't find the site again. A strong web belt would work too. The instructor suggested looking in the rock climbing type belts with the hooks on them. I bet it would be easier to put it on over the clothes since I would want to be able to take it off and on easier than one through the pants

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Historian...yes with a 100lb dog a wide belt is better. I will compare all I have found sometime this weekend. Thanks for all the tips. I welcome more too.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yes, I don't think my instructor would be comfortable with me in velcro
I plan on stopping by the outdoor store too this weekend to see what the climbing belts look like. The leather police belts look great. I saw and actual police belt and leash combo and thought I book marked it but I can't find it now. I think the web page may have changed and that is why I am not finding it anymore.

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for the offer of the belt but I know my trainer and she would be happiest if I show up with a really meaty belt. And yes with a 100lb dog I think I would feel best with something heavier. We have a camping store near by that sells all the rope climbing equipment so I will take a look there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.