German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow....Naudia has a mild case of worms so I called the vet and they wanted me to come in to get some pills for her. I decided to take her with just in case...why make an extra trip, and if she wasn't with me I would have never known this....

Tuesday at her wellness check I set her on the scale for a weight. Evidently I did something wrong, because at that time it came up at 41.5 but she was skin and bones too. Today she was 59.4 !!!! There is NO WAY she could have gained 18 lbs since Monday is there? I mean, she is eating a LOT of food, up to 8 cups a day. But I still don't see her putting on THAT much weight THAT fast. Granted, she is not skin and bones any more either, so I am sure she must have been leaning against the wall and I just didn't catch it on Tuesday.

The change in weight meant a dif dosage of the medication so I am ever so glad that I took her in with me

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
If you were pulling up, even slightly on the leash, say to steady her, it would read way different. I don't think it would be possible to change weight that drastically. When Moei had Mona weighed at her vet check for the flight up here, she was 61 pounds, several from the 67 the shelter had her pegged at.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have noticed that if I go to other vet offices my boy has weighed more. I don't know how often this office recalibrates, but it is where we always go. I probably was pulling up on her leash that 1st day-she was nervous and I was exasperated with taking on this new girl. I can only say her real weight makes me feel better!! 59.4 is far more satisfactory than 41.5

1 - 5 of 5 Posts