German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mutt Lloyd recently had an issue with a UTI that was really difficult to get rid of. He also had some stones, that went away when we got rid of the UTI. The vet said we should switch his food. I was looking at the Duck and Rabbit Instinct formulas. Even though it is kinda pricey for us, its still cheaper than the prescription food and Lloyd has always done better with grain free foods (he gets really itchy on foods with grains).

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
Mel,
Go to www.petcarerx.com they still have a really good offer right now, and they carry that particular brand of dog food.
Someone posted about the TOTW prices and free shipping a couple of days ago....so I looked to see what else they carried.
I bought a few RX things...and had them shipped for free.
..just a thought...
Robin

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I've had Bianca on the Instinct Rabbit for quite a while now, no complaints. She's on it because she has allergies to chicken and probably turkey too. I also sometimes use raw.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Robin, The PetcareRx is awesome... but just a note... Depending on how much you spend there.... they give you 20% off most of the time, but there is a visa code you can get $10 off.. so when I ordered my two bags of Canidae... and had to order them at different times, i got quite a bit more.. my total for each after everything was 31.99

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I wish they carried EVO....the only place I buy it right now is www.doggiefood.com (when I buy on line)....I love shipping directly to my home!....the money saved on gas for me is worth a % of shipping costs. (as long as there is a good sale).

·
Registered
3,325 Posts
Since we still have a pup, when I looked into giving her Nature's Variety I noticed some of the foods, chicken and salmon were too high in calcium as recommended for large breed puppy. With having a history of stones, is calcium an issue for you? If so the Rabbit variety would be the best (lowest in calcium).

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lloyd has been on the rabbit formula for a few weeks now and loves it. His energy level is way up, he seems to be feeling better in general. We will be doing a urinalysis next week or the week after to check on things in that area.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Glad it's working for you. If you go to the Nature's Variety website or facebook page you can get coupons from them.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad it's working for you. If you go to the Nature's Variety website or facebook page you can get coupons from them.
Thanks, I will check that out

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Of the pre-made raw, NV is my dogs favorite brand. I have tried Primal and BARF....but they take to the NV like white on rice. I still have that around as treats for them. And a friend sent me several coupons when I was trying to test things out with Jack. So that was very helpful. The few I have left are now expired or I would send them over to you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts