German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that I don't really see anyone feeding this food, and I was just wondering why?

I'm thinking about using it after I get Ozzy off of the puppy food here pretty soon, because I get coupons for them quite a bit, and they have the raw, kibble, and cans, and I feed Ozzy all three. I think it'd be easier to stick with the same brand with rotating his food.

Would you guys feed this food/does anyone feed it? I feed the raw medallions to my ferret, and Ozzy gets some every now and then.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I've been feeding Dutch Nature's Variety medallions since his first week with us. He LOVES it. He seriously has it down and is licking the bowl within a couple of minutes. It's his favorite time of the day.

We feed him Orijen kibble twice a day and Nature's Variety in the evening. So far so good, and his poo is pretty solid so we have no complaints. Neither does he :)

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I've always used Nature's Variety and wondered the same thing- doesn't seemed to be mentioned very often. I think it's great! I started with the Instinct Rabbit and frozen raw chicken patties, but recently stopped feeding them because Stosh just didn't want to eat them anymore. Turns out he really doesn't care for chicken at all. Love the biscuits too, the only ones he'll eat. My vet just gave me a few samples of their new salmon kibble and he loves it! I can only get NV at my vet's office, no one else in our small town carries it, it's the only food he sells and he's this all natural/holistic/alternative kind of vet. I just love the food, wouldn't switch to anything else.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ozzy's favorite meal by far is the raw. Last night, watching him eat, you'd think I starved him for three weeks. LOL He scarfed it down in less than 2 minutes. He licked his bowl clean. :p

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I use it as a treat every evening and my dogs love it. I get mine at Pet Surplus they were out a couple of weeks ago so I grab a bag of Vital Essentials...my dogs got extremely sick on it...vomiting, diarrhea...they couldn't even hold water down. They are better but still not eating very well. I called the company and no apology no offer for refund just we'll look into it. So in the future I won't buy any brand other than Nature's Variety as I have had no issues with it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
We also have a brand called NorthWest Naturals which is located here (either in Portland or just across the river in Vancouver, I can't remember which). They get very high marks in terms of cleanliness and quality. I've talked to some different store owners who visited their facilities and they were very impressed. I've thought about trying them next time.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I feed natures variety raw and love it. The only issue I am facing now is the price, so I am trying to learn how to do a raw diet myself, especially since I have another GS coming in January.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One reason I like feeding Tesla Nature's Variety is that I get the buy one, get one coupons. I got another one today, and he's still working on the first bag of the last two I bought with a coupon. lol

I think I'm gonna put him on this when I get him off of puppy food.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts