German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little history, I suppose I'm a bad Mommy right now...I allowed Emma and Elle play outside for over an hour last night, they were playing all their typical games of chase, fetch, and tug of war...niether one was injured, but Elle has managed to get some sore muscles. I don't have anything for pain relief for the dogs, and Elle's pain meds from her spaying is expired and been safely destroyed.....I just want to know what safe natural pain relief is there that I can give her if anything? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
I don't always keep up with old posts... but is there something wrong with Elle? The reason I ask is 1 hour of rough and tumble play should not mean a dog needs meds UNLESS there is some history I am missing.
I use baby aspirin at a dose of 8-12 mg/pound by mouth every 12 hours. Ascriptin is a good brand if you can find it. I can't so just use the St Joseph's and my 80 pound dog gets 8 of them. That seems like a high dosage, but that is what I have read and been told.
DISCLAIMER__always check with your vet and do not just accept "internet advise."
different dosing info:
https://app.vetconnect.com/5min/data/drug0033.htm

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks...No she doesn't have any thing wrong with her...they were playing just a bit too rough for a bit too long, and she's seems sore and not really wanting to move around very much as far as playing and what not.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Originally Posted By: gagsd_pup1 is there something wrong with Elle? The reason I ask is 1 hour of rough and tumble play should not mean a dog needs meds UNLESS there is some history I am missing.
Elle is overweight and this might be why she has a harder time with rough play- she simply cannot be as agile with all the extra weight on her frame.

Jennifer has been working on the weight loss- how has it been going as of late?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts