German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this wonderful boy in the neighborhood who has been one of Clover's biggest fans since she came into our home. He would always run out to pet Clover, stop his trike (now learning a bicycle) to run over and give her a hug. Once we added Max to the mix he would cry out, here comes CloverMax (just like that, no space or comma). He also has gotten the little kids in the next two houses to basically do the same thing.

Nathan's family over the weekend adopted a dog for Nathan. They has asked us for our rescue contacts, but before we could follow through, they went to a local adoption agency and found a wonderful shepherd mix. Nathan was so excited he and his Mom brought the dog over to our house to introduce him to Clover. (we kept Max inside as he still has some aggression issues). I saw them going out for walk this morning. From what I understand this dog had been in a very bad situation previously. He had had an operation to remove an imbeded collar, that sort of thing. It made my day to see Nathan with his very own dog and to see a dog get a perfect forever home.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Awesome!

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
excellent!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update on Nathan's dog. Her name is Heidi and she is a sweet dog. Medium in size (compared to a full GSD) which is a bout right for this family and for Nathan. Unfortunately, although previous testing had come up negative, Heidi has been tested positive for Heartworm. The family is stepping up however for the treatment and since it's early, prognosis is for full recovery.

Nathan hasn't forgotten CloverMax though and still comes to pet them whenever he sees them. He leads all the kids on that corner in the CloverMax fan club. (these two are developing quite a following in the neighborhood as more people meet and get to know them)

·
Registered
218 Posts
This has been such a nice story and when I read that Heidi was heartworm positive my heart stopped for just a second...how great of the family to deal with that...please keep the Nathan/Heidi stories coming, they are so sweet. Judy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts