German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had our "Q" litter yesterday. 5 pups all healthy and mom is doing great! but NAMING a "Q" litter is not easy! We spent all of the morning combing through name sites and the dictionary.
Sometimes naming litters is not all fun and games. It seems English lacks several Q words that aren’t related to math and make decent puppy names. So we turned to J.K Rowling’s Wizarding world of Harry Potter for our “Q” puppy names.

For the boys we have

• Quidditch
  • Quirell
  • Quibbler
For the girls we have:(not from HP but hey)

• Quintessa
  • Quinatina
Had any great/fun/particularly frustrating naming experiences?

·
Registered
431 Posts
I love the HP names. I am a huge fan (of the books, not the movies so much).

We are probably getting a puppy from the "Z" litter, which I found difficult. My daughter is set on naming the dog "Zero", which I worry might sound offensive to the breeder. She likes that because it is the name of Jack Skellington's dog. So we are think of naming it "Zeruki" and then she can call it Zero for short. We also considered "Zeropolis" .

For a female we like Zoey or Zira (from the Lion King).

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LaneyB- Oh yeah I'm an HP fan...big time! lol.

What about Zedd? short and sweet. and a character from an awesome fiction series called 'The sword of Truth' by Robert Jordan. The full name of the character was " Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander" Which is fun. We have a blue Merrel Aussie that we named that and he was tons of fun.
I think Zero is a cute name!

·
Registered
11 Posts
LaneyB- Oh yeah I'm an HP fan...big time! lol.

What about Zedd? short and sweet. and a character from an awesome fiction series called 'The sword of Truth' by Robert Jordan. The full name of the character was " Zeddicus Zu'l Zorander" Which is fun. We have a blue Merrel Aussie that we named that and he was tons of fun.
I think Zero is a cute name!

Also, Pulp Fiction:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA I forgot about Pulp Fiction! that's great.
I wanted 'Q' from Star Trek: Next Generation and Voyager and possibly "Quasar' ( a type of galaxy) but I was told they were too nerdy ( which I am!)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Quade, Quinn, Quinlan

·
Premium Member
11,210 Posts
I like names that can be call names.....while the HP names ARE cute, they are a mouthful!!!

I like Quicke, Quiz, Quest, Quazar, Quizical and Quark.....

Lee

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
You have to get creative with Q names :)

Quark
Quasar
Quintessential
Quintessa
Quentin
Quagmire
Quetzel (Ketzel)
Qapo
Quno
Quo
Qonch
Qitar
Quip
Qampbell
Qapo
Quartz
Quik
Quit
Quinn
Quaint
Queen
Quayle
Qyrie (Kyrie, which is prononced Keer ee ay)
Quill
Qillian
Qip
Qaper
Quiver

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
I dont see Quasi :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
heheh luckily we don't come around to Q often (our first time actually) but when we do again we will have OPTIONS thanks to ya'll. hehehe.
Quidditch could be shortened to "Quid" like the British currency
Quibbler could be shortened to " Quip" like a smart comment. heheh
Quirrell will just have to come up with a house name! LOL.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts