German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting to think about names for my future pup, and I need a little help! I am getting a headache looking at the baby names/dog names sites so I thought I'd ask for your suggestions here :)

I need names for a female pup. I want something that is not too girly (don't want to be outside with my big "scary" GSD shouting "come here Tinkerbell!") A strong name is my preference, even unisex would be fine.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Ooooooooh... your choosing names now....... I can't wait to see who your pup is coming from and what you finally get to call "your big scary adorable GSD".. ;)

As for names... I suck at names.

I know I like the name to be rooted in the origin of the breed but also be strong and unique.

Good luck!

·
Registered
396 Posts
I need names for a female pup. I want something that is not too girly (don't want to be outside with my big "scary" GSD shouting "come here Tinkerbell!") A strong name is my preference, even unisex would be fine.

Suggestions?
How about just 'Tink'? :D

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
I named our female Uschi- sounds like sushi without the s- it's the German nickname for Ursula. She loves it, everyone remembers it and it's fun to say

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about just 'Tink'? :D
LOL!! My little girl has had two names for this dog picked out.

First it was "BarkBook." I have no idea...
Now she says we must name it "Irridessa" after a fairy in the Tinkerbell movie. I don't think so!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I love unisex names for girls...Dylan, Stevie, Taylor. I love the name Ryka. What is the puppy going to be used for? Pet, Sport, Therapy?? Do you have any hobbies...I like to try and think of names that go along with another passion in life

·
Registered
396 Posts
lol - I love the imagination of kids!!! BarkBook?? Now THERE'S something you'd be proud to yell out your front door ... "BARKBOOK!!"

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love unisex names for girls...Dylan, Stevie, Taylor. I love the name Ryka. What is the puppy going to be used for? Pet, Sport, Therapy?? Do you have any hobbies...I like to try and think of names that go along with another passion in life
Family pet, obedience, will also try agility and tracking with her, maybe dock diving. We like to camp and hike. Hmm, will think about this. Good suggestion.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Love the name Dylan ... if my cousin hadnt named her son that, I was going to use it for one of my 'kids'. Maybe I will still ... how often do I ever really see or hear from them? *ponder*

·
Registered
337 Posts
:rofl: I think you should use it..its a great name :).

If you like the outdoors, Kavu is a brand name of outdoor gear. Cam, after the equiptment used for rock climbing..hmmmm..I love the outdoors so I think I can come up with some neat ones for you here..let me think :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
What about trout for the dock diving lmao!! I had an obedience class with a dog named Trout once...LOVED it

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ROFL!! I like Teva, and Nike. In fact I like Nike a lot but it would annoy me to have people assuming she is named after the shoes. LOL!

I like the name Halo but my kids don't like it because it is a video game @@

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Teva is good. I think but since your daughter came up with iradessa(sp?) how about something like Tessa or Dessa.

·
Registered
396 Posts
ROFL!! I like Teva, and Nike. In fact I like Nike a lot but it would annoy me to have people assuming she is named after the shoes. LOL!

I like the name Halo but my kids don't like it because it is a video game @@
Aw, I hate it when good names are 'ruined' by something like that .... *grin*

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Teva is good. I think but since your daughter came up with iradessa(sp?) how about something like Tessa or Dessa.
Yeah, thats what my daughter said, "we could call her Dessa!"

Just a little too girly for my tastes.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I do like the name Halo as well, but completely understand why it cant be used too lol!!

1 - 20 of 65 Posts