German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of you may remember me from my introductory post.

This is my new puppy Cak Malabig. He will be here this week!!!!!
Anyway, I am trying to think of a new call name for him so suggestions would be GREAT!

His name translates from czech to english as Zag (as in Zig Zag). I love this HOWEVER...a very good friend of mine breeds/trains GSD and wants her next puppy to be Zac. I think she will be very annoyed if I name him Zag since it is so close in name...silly I know, but just not sure its worth it if theres another name I like better. Heres what I like so far
Silas, Treue (means loyal in german), Arko, Andros, Dylan, Bryce, Linc and Helu (pronounced Heh Loo..one of my favorite football players for my fav college team :) ). Any other thoughts suggestions. He will be used for Search and Rescue. He is very ball driven and intense with work but a total goof ball otherwise!!

Pics :) Will get many many more when he is here but this is all I have for now :(

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone??? Come on...I know there are some great namers out there.....

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Wow he's gorgeous! My friend has a black gsd named Kobe- after the basketball player not the beef. I like Treue

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kobe is cute. Yeah Treue is up there, it just doesn't necessarily fit his goofy side. I also liked Kliff (since he will be doing SAR and my son LOVES clifford lol)

·
Registered
733 Posts
This is probably not what you want to hear. Learn the correct way to say his name from the seller, and if he knows his name and comes when you call it, leave it alone.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everyones entitled to their own opinion, I respect that too :)

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
So many of you may remember me from my introductory post.

This is my new puppy Cak Malabig. He will be here this week!!!!!
Anyway, I am trying to think of a new call name for him so suggestions would be GREAT!

His name translates from czech to english as Zag (as in Zig Zag). I love this HOWEVER...a very good friend of mine breeds/trains GSD and wants her next puppy to be Zac. I think she will be very annoyed if I name him Zag since it is so close in name...silly I know, but just not sure its worth it if theres another name I like better. Heres what I like so far
Silas, Treue (means loyal in german), Arko, Andros, Dylan, Bryce, Linc and Helu (pronounced Heh Loo..one of my favorite football players for my fav college team :) ). Any other thoughts suggestions. He will be used for Search and Rescue. He is very ball driven and intense with work but a total goof ball otherwise!!

Pics :) Will get many many more when he is here but this is all I have for now :(

what about ziggy? beautiful dog by the way...how old is he?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about Ziggy, but it makes me think of Ziggy Marley..and while I think his music is OK Im not sure if I like the name for a dog lol. Im way too picky I know

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats a super cute name for a SAR dog :). I really like Helu because it sounds kind of like Halo and the football player is amazing, very dominant on the field. I did some research on the names and I like Treu because it means loyal. Silas means of the forest which is cute. Dylan means son of sea which the ocean is my favorite thing ever.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Helu No! Helu Leave it! Helu No Bites! Yeah that sounds good. :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the no/yell test. If it cant pass that test it will never work :rofl:!!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats him? Is he being listed as for sale still??? I dont know that email address at the bottom....

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW that was just posted today. I just emailed breeder, I feel a bit nauseaus. I have heard amazing things about eurosport and really hope that this isnt going to end poorly....I dont even know rallhous kennel and thats who posted this?!?!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
I believe she 'helps' sell eurosport dogs?? I've read on the gsdpd board she has something to do with eurosport.

But I'd kinda check into that, since he's listed for sale as of yesterday, maybe she doesn't realize he's been sold?

My female is out of a eurosport bitch, love her to death:)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I never got a response from them, didn't return my call no response email...I feel like I have been scammed. I sent a very polite email saying that I saw he was just listed as being for sale after I put down a deposit and wired money previous to this new listing. I said that I hoped it was a miscommunication but that I was concerned...and nothing. Which Im sure she is busy but it has never taken any longer than a day to get back to me. To top it off...no contract. I was a little skittish about the whole thing because of this but because they are so reputable I wasn't too concerned...now I feel like an idiot. Regardless thank you very much for bringing this ad to my attention. I really appreciate that!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts