German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jericho pees on his front leg. Like direct hit, totally soaked in urine. I keep those flushable wipes by the front door and have to wipe him down everytime he comes in.
This was a tough and disgusting lesson to learn.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
Urgh, I made the mistake of making a huge deal of seeing tyson in the car, fast forward 7 months later and it does not matter if we have spent the day with eachother, if he gets into the car before me he will wait on my seat and when I open the door attack me with kisses and act like I have been missing for years. Its our special little thing tho.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Kaiju stands on his back legs when he's really excited about something (usually food). But it's not standing up like trying to get his nose in something. I'll be in the kitchen making his dinner and I'll happen to look over at the entry way and Kaiju will just be standing straight up on his back legs with his front legs hanging down loose, just staring at me. And he'll stay that way for 20-30 seconds at a time. It can be...unnerving to look over and see a dog just standing there. Especially when they're as tall as you standing up!

·
Registered
9,344 Posts
Kaiju stands on his back legs when he's really excited about something (usually food). But it's not standing up like trying to get his nose in something. I'll be in the kitchen making his dinner and I'll happen to look over at the entry way and Kaiju will just be standing straight up on his back legs with his front legs hanging down loose, just staring at me. And he'll stay that way for 20-30 seconds at a time. It can be...unnerving to look over and see a dog just standing there. Especially when they're as tall as you standing up!
And why do we not have pics of this?:wild:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
And why do we not have pics of this?:wild:
Lol, I need to take some if I get the chance. It's just hard to catch because it doesn't happen every time and if I focus on him, he usually sets back down. He likes to be creepy out of the corner of my eye :p I'll see if I can catch it though!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Jericho pees on his front leg. Like direct hit, totally soaked in urine. I keep those flushable wipes by the front door and have to wipe him down everytime he comes in.
This was a tough and disgusting lesson to learn.
LOL--YES! Except that with Orick, when he comes back into the house, his very first stop is my bed! (see avatar) So before he comes in, a flushable wipe wouldn't do it--he gets the hose (the OTHER hose) on his whole foreleg, then a towel to dry it all off. At least when I go to bed I don't have to worry too much about finding a warm wet spot in the middle of it!

Susan

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Wow--I didn't know sighted dogs pee on themselves. My blind dog does that, but he mostly gets a pass because his aim sucks. I get way more annoyed when he pees on top of the head of another one of dogs that was sniffing in the same spot. I'm pretty sure that's intentional, as he can hear them and feel them close by in that spot.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
For some reason Gunther LOVES feet. My bare feet seem to be a rare delicacy to him for some reason. He has learned how to take my slippers off and even tries to do the same with my shoes. If we move our feet under the blankets he turns into a cat pouncing on them. Once he focuses on our feet there is NO distracting him and no hiding them from him. The best part is when my husband is sitting in the chair and he taps his foot. Gunther immediately takes that as a challenge and goes full force trying to capture and tame the foot. There are times when my husband has spun around in the chair with his feet in a corner by the wall and Gunther jumps up on the chair and tries to spin the chair around to get the feet free. I KNOW I should call Gunther off of him but I am usually laughing too hard to breathe at this point. :rofl:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Samson has the back door bell that he rings to go outside. It works wonderfully...most of the time. Lately, he waits until I am nice and comfy on the couch, covered and reallly into a show. He rings the bell, looks at me like he really has to go...I get out of said comfortable position, open the door and he changes his mind and will go lay on his bed! REALLY?

He must think it is hilarious!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discoe likes to sit her toys on my bed (which just happens to be face-level for her). Slobber-soaked, sometimes-stinky toys, right by my face as I sleep (and occasionally when I'm already awake). I don't know if she's just letting me know she wants to play when I wake up, or if she's "gifting" me a napping buddy.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Samson has the back door bell that he rings to go outside. It works wonderfully...most of the time. Lately, he waits until I am nice and comfy on the couch, covered and reallly into a show. He rings the bell, looks at me like he really has to go...I get out of said comfortable position, open the door and he changes his mind and will go lay on his bed! REALLY?

He must think it is hilarious!
Gunther developed a similar habit. Only he will ring and then go out just to run and eat poop instead of go potty. I've learned that if he rings and goes to his toy box he's just bored. If he really has to go he will either pace from window to window or come and paw us. It is annoying, especially when (just like you) I've just sat down for the first time all day and night after work and turn on a show.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
LOL!!! What a funny/great thread.

On a serious not though, Zeeva is a fence fighter and Smokey instigates it by going to the fence, pawing at it then stepping back and letting Zeeva go at it. Frustrating because our fence is wooden so it's got scratches up the whahoozoo on it now and we might need to replace the boards...

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Dex would bark at other dogs that came to sniff around our chairs and shoes at the dog beach. He's not allowed to do that so now he buries all our shoes in the sand. That makes them hard to find at the end of the day so we have to keep digging them out of the sand. If it's too late to bury them again when another dog comes sniffing around he will push the other dog away with his nose and lay on top of our shoes until the other dog leaves.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
both my monsters like to dig holes. i watch them at all times while in the yard. sometimes if they are being boring and sniffing around i'll feel comfortable maybe going to the bathroom or the fridge for a beer. every once in a while, when my eyes are off for a few seconds they will have a foot deep hole dug, and both covered in dirt. i rent the property and last thing i need is for the landlords to come by and see holes in the yard. i keep a broom outside to sweep all the dirt i can back into the hole and hide it best i can.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Varick also pees on his leg. :mad::rolleyes: His leg would be drenched and he'll rub up against me, getting it all over my legs, and get pee all over the house.
He also has an obsession with Harley. Every time I come home, Varick's main goal is to tackle him. And he is so loud. -_- He'll growl and bark constantly. All our neighbors think that we have viscous dogs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Mine trims trees. She pulls off bark from trees, low hanging branches, etc, and it drives me insane. Sometimes it's funny but sometimes when we walk by a little row of tiny trees she will have to wrap her mouth around each one and it's hard to get her moving again.

This is what she did to my backyard in about 5 minutes, she doesn't get to go out without being strictly watched now, and she has to potty on leash most the time.

It started at the ripe old age of 9 weeks

1 - 20 of 71 Posts