German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondered what most people do for names on the AKC papers? My girl's name is Roxy -- I had started with Roxy Alexis Von Coco ( Fran Von Coco is her mothers name) ...

ok we call her Roxy -- but do you keep that part in the AKC name or can you make that whatever you want? Plans are to spay her at around 6 - 8 months so then the AKC wont' even matter will it? Won't it be null after she is fixed?

I would like of like to pick a more pagan like name for her "official name" but didn't know if I still have to keep Roxy in it?

ok so :help:

I only posted this as important because I really want to get this online registration done today. Thank you

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so the son would like to bring in Bella Donna somehow....what about

Lisa's Belladonna Von Coco ...and we call her Roxy?

·
Registered
423 Posts
My Havoc (his call name) was from JQ litter (Juneau-Quinella). So Tracy said for me to pick 3 names beginning with J. My 1st choice was "JustInCredible" which she e-mailed back saying she loved. So Havoc's name on his C.K.C Purebred Dog Certificate of Registration is JustInCredible Bullinger.......

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the moms name is Fran Von Coco and the dad's name is Muggins Gustov -- 5 generation ( if that matters)

I'd like to keep the moms last part of the name in. Just can't really decide on the rest of it.

Call name is Roxy

so far all I've come up with is Lisa's Belladonna Von Coco I've also toyed with something Shadow related ..cuz she's like my little shadow..but there are lots of shadow names

·
Registered
423 Posts
Lisa's Belladonna Shadow Von Coco..... Or Lisa's Shadow Belladonna Von Coco.....

·
Super Moderator
32,339 Posts
Has your breeder given you any guidance? Usually they require that their kennel name be part of the registered name, and they'll either designate a letter of the alphabet that all the names in that litter have to start with, or they'll use a theme instead. Cassidy's litter theme was "Beau", so her registered name had Beau-dacious in it instead of her call name Cassidy. If your breeder doesn't care, then it's entirely up to you.

Keefer is from the "L" litter, so his registered name is Lakota v TeMar. We were always going to call him Keefer, it's a family name that we'd planned to use if we ever had a male dog, years before we got him.

But in any case the "call" name - what you call your dog, doesn't have to have anything to do with the registered name. Whether or not you spay your dog, or when you have it done, she will still be AKC registered, it does not become null. It's also not required that you register her (unless that's the agreement you have with your breeder), that's entirely up to you.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my dog's registered name had to begin with an "E" and his
last name had to be the kennel's name. no requirements on
his call name.

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
The mother's "last name" is actually a kennel name indicating who she was bred by....unless you got your pup from von coco kennel, it is incorrect to use that....what is the breeders kennel name???

Most breeders want their kennel name on the registration papers....so you could do Roxy vom xxxxxxxx.....or Iroc and call her Roxy.....or Belladonna Roxy....

Lee

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where we got the pup was actually a relative of the breeder and when I asked her about names she is the one who suggested using part of the moms name???

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
If the breeder asks me to use a specific name and/or their kennel name I will, otherwise I make the registered names up. Some names have nothing to do with their call names while others include the call names.

The dogs I have now:
Slider was named by his breeder before I got him. His AKC registered name is Caretti-Jerrwen's Slider ... Caretti is the sire's kennel name, Jerrwen's is the dam's kennel name, and "Slider" is the name she choose for him (she liked using baseball theme names at that time).

Bruiser was named by me ... his AKC ILP name is: Arycrest's Grand Slam

Faith was named by her breeders Vantasia and Sugarloaf kennels. Her AKC registered name is: Vantasia's Beyond The Rainbow To Sugarloaf ... The "Rainbow" part came from her Dam's registered name "Buckstone V O'er the Rainbow, CGC, OFA"

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok just talked to the owner of the farm where we got her...it's a brother of hers that breeds and their farm/kennel name is Conrad...so I am going with Conrads Belladonna Von Coco.

how's that sound....call name still Roxy

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
Sounds good!

But you had mentioned something pagan?

So I'll just toss this out, Disa or tisi (runic) old norse for goddess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts