German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the nail trimmer seen on TV that shaves the nail instead of cutting it? I think it is called the Peticure. Does it work on a nail the size of a Shepherd or just the little nails of the dogs shown on the TV? I am nervous cutting nails and the dogs can sence it which makes them nervous. Thought I might try it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Have you guys heard of a Dremmel (sp) it's the same concept and I have used it before successfully. I trim dogs nails for a living and it is what I would recommend especially if you dog is scared of getting their nails cut.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
I've talked to a few people that have bought the pedicure they all have told me its a wast of your money. I went to a friends house that lived close to the show I was showing Max at and she had just got one, she took it out of the box and when she tried to use it it came apart in her hands and it was very loud not line my dremel I have.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Originally Posted By: CJ's MomHas anyone used the nail trimmer seen on TV that shaves the nail instead of cutting it? I think it is called the Peticure. Does it work on a nail the size of a Shepherd or just the little nails of the dogs shown on the TV? I am nervous cutting nails and the dogs can sence it which makes them nervous. Thought I might try it.
Never used it, but heard a story at my vet about it today. My vet told me some lady was using it on her dog, the dogs tail got in the way some how and the thing got caught up in his tail. She brought him in and it was so bad the vet had to amputate part of the poor dogs tail. So not sure it would be something I would want to use..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts