German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used the Oster Nail Grinder? I was looking at the PediPaws but the reviews have steered me away.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
We use to use the scissors up until several months ago. Use the PediPaws and its awesome. Dogs just lay there instead of fight us. What were the reviews saying about it?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Iread that they eat through batteries, dogs don't like the noise, wear down quickly, and so on. They are only $20 though so I may give it a shot. The Oster is is $70 here and is more like a dremel.

·
Registered
31,597 Posts
I bought a dremel. Just got it last nite so can't tell you anything about it but it was recommended by several ppl on this board. The dremel was $42 on Amazon right now.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Just get a Dremel. It's cheaper and works the same as the other products - MUCH better than the PediPaws.

I use my PediPaws on the cats - that's the only nail it can handle. Can't even use it on the Crested!! You put any pressure on it and it just stops.

I'd like to get a cordless Dremel but the corded one I have works fine.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have the Oster, but Bear doesn't like it much. I'd gotten to where I was just tiring him out, then clipping them, but the last time I clipped him one bled, and I did NOT go that low.
As a result of that trauma I'm not clipping them very often, and they ALWAYS look long to me.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Originally Posted By: SahriaIread that they eat through batteries, dogs don't like the noise, wear down quickly, and so on. They are only $20 though so I may give it a shot. The Oster is is $70 here and is more like a dremel.
Yes, they are pretty tough on batteries that's why we use rechargeable. We first tired a normal dremel but the boys didn't like the noise of it.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The cordless dremel was O.k but as it gets older the batteries loose strenght.

I like my regular corded dremel for grinding nails. (Today was nail day at our house)

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Originally Posted By: SahriaHas anyone used the Oster Nail Grinder? I was looking at the PediPaws but the reviews have steered me away.
I gave my Pedi paws away on freecycle. It was not a bad thing, but not good for a GSD. It just did not have enough power. It did work well on my cats though. For the same price, you can get a rechargeable dremel from walmart (thats what I did).

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
I had a pedi paws worked way to slow took forever and noisey,. no patience for that thing. Returned it for a full refund I told i used it and they took it back anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts