German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
suggestions for cutting nails? dresden used to be so good about it...i never cut him too short or caused pain, but he wont let me near him now~ could it be his age-15 months- going through a stage?? i guess i'll let the vet do it next week when he goes in for his shos, but i would like to get back into doing it at home..thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
Use a Dremel :D .... I would never have the vet do it. I dont, as a rule, trust vet techs to do that kind of stuff. I would take him to a groomer experienced with big dogs, and have her show you the basics of using a dremel. Or, you can just try it out yourself, like I did. It is WAY faster, gets them shorter, and doesnt put the pressure on the cuticle that most dogs hate. ....

Just my 2 cents ...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I dont have suggestions, but Sadie has never liked this process. Even at 8 weeks, it took at least 2 people to get them all cut... Our min pin was worse- even the pedi-paws was a no go for him!

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Maybe go slow and recondition to the nail cutting. You may only get one at a time at first.

My pup was really good about it young and now has decided to fight. I think they do mature and give it a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts