German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
The Dremel I have was purchased at Lowes (home improvement store). Its a 2 speed cordless - Multipro 7700. Not marketed for a dog tool. But, after researching there appeared to be no difference in the operation of the dog tool vs. this tool.

Really, I'm just trimming them down and smoothing them out. I don't stay on the nail long enough to get down to the quick.

·
Registered
7,924 Posts
I LOVE the dremel. Gracie now sits and drapes her paw over me to get trimmed. It doesn't hurt like the clippers do (I"m assuming). Our routine is: get the dremel bag, let Gracie sniff it, take out dremel, let Gracie lick it, put bag on couch, Gracie puts her head in it
then she sits and lets me do the nails. It was a long process to gain trust since the clippers were less than trustworthy (or was that me?)
I have been doing all front nails for a few weeks. Finally we've gotten to the point where she trusts the back being done (where she has squirmed the most in the past). It's great. We can do it while sitting watching TV. I hesitate to use the shield like the item on TV. I prefer holding each individual nail and seeing what I am doing.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts