German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I have mistakenly hit the quick and it hurts. I've never drawn blood...but it still stings. So, I don't trust myself. And, now she doesn't trust me and the clipper.

But, after studying the link shown on this thread (a few months ago)...I got the dremel. We successfully introduced her to the dremel and slowly but surely have been able to trim her nails.

The most recent trim was SO cool! She actually handed me her paws when I was ready to trim. I nearly fell down.

I think she is just so happy that she doesn't have to worry about getting quicked.

I just today saw the ad for the Peticure...and it piqued my interest because of the cover. I wonder what the benefit of the cover is?

·
Registered
340 Posts
The Dremel I have was purchased at Lowes (home improvement store). Its a 2 speed cordless - Multipro 7700. Not marketed for a dog tool. But, after researching there appeared to be no difference in the operation of the dog tool vs. this tool.

Really, I'm just trimming them down and smoothing them out. I don't stay on the nail long enough to get down to the quick.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts