German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an 8 year old Spayed Female German Shepard, her name is Stella.
She has been having bouts of mystery pain this last year and it is culminating now in her screaming is she just moves wrong or someone walks past her.

Yet in the same day if I brush her there is a very good chance that she will not cry and will be fine. Again if firmly grabbed despite her first protestests a continued touching to locate pain will not cause her to cry.
Stella is somewhat skiddish and can get anxious and become worried if we think something is wrong with her.

From afar she does not favour either hip and there is no visible displaysia

We give her 2000 - 3000 mgs of omega 3 fish oil gel capsules. (EPA 300 DHA 200)

I’m curious if anyone else has experienced this before.

Again nothing in her fur and she is free if wood ticks. Just a mystery pain that seems to come and go.
Thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
Has a vet done x-ray and ultra sound? My blue healer would yelp in pain intermittently some times multiple times a day some times weeks apart, never a problem running or playing. She had multiple bladder stones and is now on a special diet.

·
Super Moderator
7,247 Posts
something, somewhere hurts or has hurt... but many of her cries sound anticipatory. you approach or touch and she yelps because she thinks she’ll experience pain, then settles when she doesn’t. this was the case with my male during a suspected neck injury.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
I have a dog who gets allergies in the spring and he gets a funky ear although it is not severe. Anything that looks like it might touch his ear warrants a scream. I put a citronella bark collar in him for nuisance barking at another dog. Every spray set off a scream.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts