German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have two dogs a German Shepherd and a Chihuahua and they don't get along what do I do???
Crate and rotate.

Keep them separate at all times and in different rooms if possible.

One of my GSD's killed my mother's chihuahua over 20 years ago, all it took was one bite, which to a larger dog would just be a little wound but to a small dog was a death blow.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
I am new here, could someone please explain "crate and rotate"?
Keeping dogs separate. Generally one dog crated, one not. Switched back and forth to allow both dogs time with the people.
It's common in multi dog households and becomes a way of life for a lot of dog people.

·
Super Moderator
6,711 Posts
“Crate” can also be substituted for a kennel, basement, outdoor pen, separate room or floor, etc. basically any area of confinement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have two dogs a German Shepherd and a Chihuahua and they don't get along what do I do???
I have the same plus a black English lab . The shepard and lab are best buds but it took a month or so for sam my chihuahua mix t
o warm up to her. They still have there monents but i think it a lil man syndrome

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
with children, you NEVER pick a favorite. If they are fighting, do not pick 'winner' and a 'martyr'. You just set it up the happen again and garner your attention. A separate 'time out' is usually sufficient. Or perhaps playing with them both. Always treat them as equals.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was also facing this kind of problem and later took both of my dogs to Fine Line Family K-9 to train both of them. I got surprised to see them working together and yeah now my GSD is doing well as he fully trained.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts