German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Middle of February - Valentine’s Day to be exact i was was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. Thankfully it is not in my lymph nodes. I had already found the lump and scheduled a doctors appointment. when I was lying on the couch when I was watching tv max came over and smelled the small lump exactly where it was. He came over a few times and smelled it like he was reading a letter. I knew then it was no cyst, I knew then I needed to stay on top of all my appoinments. When I had my biopsy I came home max again came over and started to smell the lump again he detected the lump again. At that time I did not known it then but a a few days later I found the lump doubled in size with mri results. By doing scent work with max it helped me read max’s Body language and I’m very intune with him and he with helped pick up the subtle clues in this scenario. Max is also nosey Lol!

Max and Luna are very active especially in recent weeks my energy levels have decreased and can’t tell you how incredibly patient they have been. Max and Luna have been by my side none stop and happily settling down by my side. One night I had a bad night with some bone pain -that passed and despite all my groaning Luna did not move and slept right next to me. They are sharing their strength with me making me strong and not to mention making me laugh!

Yesterday I had a very bad during the chemo treatment I could not breathe and had my face was become red and swelling it subsided quickly with medicine and resumed with treatment with no incidence. Max sleeps in my bed every night right next to me and that gave me comfort if for some reason I has some strange reaction he may pick on it before i do. Two more treatments left- yay!

Out adventures have been limited but making sure to do something on the good days. We made plans to go early to beach mother’s day and kept them despite the crappy weather. They all had to get baths before we went to my moms. That knocked me out lol! Some photos of our beautiful day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
94 Posts
Best wishes for your recovery. Beautiful dogs!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Your story, those pictures and this: "They are sharing their strength with me making me strong and not to mention making me laugh!" is such an inspiration and so full of life. It is so obvious that the three of you are incredibly connected.

I bet watching them play was the best medicine for you.

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Beautiful dogs and beach. So glad you have Max and :Luna. Sound like you and they make a great team. Sending thoughts and prayers for you. the dogs look like they really enjoyed their beach time. well worth the bath.LOL

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Gorgeous dogs, beautiful beach and such a heartwarming story. These magnificent creatures often know more about us and what we need then we know ourselves. Wishes for continued healing and strength along your journey. Hugs.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mame- Thank you so much!!!! It gets tougher right before you succeed a good friend told me and is so true!
Sebrench-Thank you feeling much better today and so relieved!
Muskeg-Thank you!!! Have a MRI today to see how much the lump went down officially - it can be barely be felt a good sign!
Heart and soul-thank you so much!!! Very connected and our little chihuahua who has his own story - hee hee loyal little fella!!! Soo soo true can’t think of a better medicine then wAtching these guys play and their silly antics!!!
Daisy&Lucky’s mom- thank you very much. Angels from above. They did not want the fun to end. Yes baths well worth and they were due for a good spring cleaning lol!!!
Kelbonc- ThAnk you! I admire this breed’s intuitive instincts, it make them incredibly special!

·
Super Moderator
5,871 Posts
I've had a family member and a coworker go through surgery and chemo and it's a harrowing experience.It takes a very long time to get your strength back.Wishing you the very best as you recover.Love those pictures!Nothing better than pics of happy playing dogs:)

·
Registered
199 Posts
What lovely pictures and what an awesome story! Thank you for sharing. Though my health issues are no where near as frightening as yours, I have been in a great deal of pain as well for the past several weeks. Genali is only a pup....14 weeks (I think, my head is foggy right now), but even at such a young age she is able to know that something is wrong. About the only time that she is still is when she sits in my lap and licks my arm while I rock and wait for the pain meds to kick in. Even after, she is much more gentle with me than normal. She is a landshark with compassion!

I am so glad that you have your dogs to love you and be loved by you while you trudge through. I keep telling myself that it only takes one step to make progress. SO take one step at a time, and count each one as a victorious sign of progress. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Dogma13- Thank you! Sorry your family members and coworkers had to go through this. It is quite the experience on some days. I have to make it a point to enjoy the good days. A war going on inside and the body rebells it takes a toll for sure. Nothing better then watching the dogs romp on the beach with the kids to soothe the soul!

Jax08- Michelle, thank you so much it means a lot!!!!!!!!

Genali’s mom- thank you much! I hope you are feeling better soon, nothing worse then pain -physical or emotional. I hope nothing serious! I’m glad Genali is giving you much joy and comfort they are powerful healers!

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
My mri Results came back and the lump shrank halfway so it’s two centimeters now. I was hoping it would have diappeared but I will greatfully take it. So everything is moving in the right direction. Bone pain is there but not as severe as the first taxol treatment and manageable! So good stuff. A/c has done and taxol doing its job! Two more treatments left then sx!

·
Registered
199 Posts
WOnderful news! Happy to hear it. :smile2:

My mri Results came back and the lump shrank halfway so it’s two centimeters now. I was hoping it would have diappeared but I will greatfully take it. So everything is moving in the right direction. Bone pain is there but not as severe as the first taxol treatment and manageable! So good stuff. A/c has done and taxol doing its job! Two more treatments left then sx!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
All the best Jenny, thank you for sharing your story. One of my close friends is also currently going through the same as you. Fighters, both of you!

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
So glad to read that the tumor has shrunk, I felt quite upset when I read your original post. Remember that you have a virtual army praying for you in your fight with the enemy.

Love the doggie pictures, by the way!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts