German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son, Jay, is what people used to call a "man's man." He hunts, fishes, collects guns, etc., etc. He wanted a hunting dog and if not that, I at least expected him to wind up with a large dog. His wife wanted a Boston Terrier, so he bought her one. Jay is SMITTEN with this little dog. Darby goes EVERYWHERE with them, including on vacation and to upscale hotels for their anniversaries. If they do have to go somewhere that Darby absolutely can't go, we get to pet sit him and my son calls me at least twice to be sure Darby is ok. Now he is preparing homemade food (ground deer meat, rice and assorted chopped vegetables) for Darby because he doesn't like regular dog food. Jay has researched the best ingredients and tried several recipes till he found what Darby favors. The other night we were watching a movie and Darby approached Jay with a toy and Jay got down on all fours and chased him around the room; I'm unsure which of them enjoyed it the most. It is just so funny and unexpected. You just never know what dog will touch us I guess.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Thats a cute story, I have a friend who was a macho man truck driver, he always had big beefy Rotties, after his last one died his wife snuck in a Chihuahua before he could get another Rottie, which she hated, when he came home and found out I thought they were going to divorce, he was livid and actually didn't talk to her for days. Well as time passed that Chihuahua wormed his little body into that big burly guys heart, so much so that he became his road warrior going all over the country in the big rig. It was sad when 3 years ago my friend got cancer and passed away in his home, his little Chihuahua was at his bedside and became so lost, he too just became ill and despondent, himself dying a few months later, I always now can't think of one without the other, such was their bond.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
both beautiful stories

1 - 3 of 3 Posts