German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Maybe not with help - like taping or glue. For how to do that, I suggest you search in the Puppy Place : Ears Up forum. (puppy also includes an 8 month old).

·
Premium Member
4,820 Posts
Maybe not with help - like taping or glue. For how to do that, I suggest you search in the Puppy Place : Ears Up forum. (puppy also includes an 8 month old).
AGREE!
But start right away! :fingerscrossed:
Old time remedy but I never had to use it, is to give a packet of Knox Unflavored Gelatin (found by the Jello in grocery store) everyday to strengthen cartridge.

·
Premium Member
4,820 Posts
Wow I never heard of that. That's very interesting, thanks

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
You are welcome!
It’s the ingredient that makes jello get hard. It comes from animals and it’s a form of collagen.

Chewing more will work and strengthen the 150 muscles in his jaws and along his face. These muscles are also connected up to the ears so the chewing and tugging on the large bones will strengthen them and it will help them to stand. You can give him large knuckle bones (MUST be RAW not cooked) which you can get from the grocery store or from Pet Supply Plus stores or a doggie boutique. Just make sure they are LARGE. Only give it to him an hour at a time to see if it gives him diarrhea. Then you can increase the time to all day if he does ok. Word of CAUTION: If this dog has never had a raw bone they may act aggressive to anyone who comes near it, so think about this BEFORE giving it to him.

Also, Ear Exercises: Make your dog alert! Get his attention by calling his name or whistle etc to make him perk up his ears. Do this 30 to 100 times per day…..make him exercise those ears! Gently pinch the base of the ears together and massage the base of the ears without bending the upper ear.

Hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are welcome!
It’s the ingredient that makes jello get hard. It comes from animals and it’s a form of collagen.

Chewing more will work and strengthen the 150 muscles in his jaws and along his face. These muscles are also connected up to the ears so the chewing and tugging on the large bones will strengthen them and it will help them to stand. You can give him large knuckle bones (MUST be RAW not cooked) which you can get from the grocery store or from Pet Supply Plus stores or a doggie boutique. Just make sure they are LARGE. Only give it to him an hour at a time to see if it gives him diarrhea. Then you can increase the time to all day if he does ok. Word of CAUTION: If this dog has never had a raw bone they may act aggressive to anyone who comes near it, so think about this BEFORE giving it to him.

Also, Ear Exercises: Make your dog alert! Get his attention by calling his name or whistle etc to make him perk up his ears. Do this 30 to 100 times per day…..make him exercise those ears! Gently pinch the base of the ears together and massage the base of the ears without bending the upper ear.

Hope this helps!:)
Thanks once again. This is great information I've never heard lol wow! ?

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts