German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girl is sick at least once a week. It's usually yellow in color. I've asked my vet about it and they say she's being sick because of her scavenging .. she will pick up anything, but I've noticed she can be sick after having no chance of her scavenge (if that makes sense!)

Vet says not to worry, but I'm not sure. Has anyone had this experience please? Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
That sounds like bile. How many times per day do you feed her?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Yep, sounds like bile. If they go too long with nothing in their stomach that is what happens. My Shorkie will get stubborn about eating once in awhile and have the same problem.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I had a dog that would scavenge in the spring after the snow melted. She was constantly making herself sick, and even needing antibiotics to get the G.I. issues under control (diarrhea as well as vomiting.) I started putting a muzzle on her when I turned her outside, and that fixed the problem!

I also went around the property and cleaned up anything she might want to scavenge (poop, dead mice, etc.) Heck, she even thought dead earthworms were a delicacy! :rolleyes2:

·
Registered
7,234 Posts
I had a dog that would scavenge in the spring after the snow melted. She was constantly making herself sick, and even needing antibiotics to get the G.I. issues under control (diarrhea as well as vomiting.) I started putting a muzzle on her when I turned her outside, and that fixed the problem!

I also went around the property and cleaned up anything she might want to scavenge (poop, dead mice, etc.) Heck, she even thought dead earthworms were a delicacy! :rolleyes2:
That’s funny. We had a beagle that would consume anything remotely edible. Dried up leathery squirrels to ants.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts