German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone
I’m new to sables, I’ve had Black and Tans previously. I’m getting this little girl in August and was just wondering if anyone could hazard a guess at her adult coat. Her dad is Black and Tan and mum is golden sable. Mums dad is white and I haven’t asked as yet what coat his parents are so not sure if my girl will be light 🤷🏻‍♀️ She’s looking like she will have a darker coat. Pictures are 1 day 1 week and 2 weeks (2wk picture has a flash which makes her colour appear lighter)
she’s 4 weeks now 😁 2.37kg

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
She’s so cute. It’s hard to tell yet because sables change a lot as they mature. It’s possible she could stay a similar color to early coloring.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She’s so cute. It’s hard to tell yet because sables change a lot as they mature. It’s possible she could stay a similar color to early coloring.
I can’t wait to see what she’ll turn out like. I’m planning on doing a daily pic (same ish pose) from the day we get her home till she stops changing 😬

·
Registered
5,606 Posts
This is the hardest waiting period you will ever have. I didn’t pick my dog until he was 5 weeks old, so I only had to wait 3 weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone
I’m new to sables, I’ve had Black and Tans previously. I’m getting this little girl in August and was just wondering if anyone could hazard a guess at her adult coat. Her dad is Black and Tan and mum is golden sable. Mums dad is white and I haven’t asked as yet what coat his parents are so not sure if my girl will be light 🤷🏻‍♀️ She’s looking like she will have a darker coat. Pictures are 1 day 1 week and 2 weeks (2wk picture has a flash which makes her colour appear lighter) View attachment 560805 View attachment 560806 View attachment 560807
Oh my goodness! What a little angel ❤. In my experience breeding, our sable looking pups change quite a bit. Hard to tell just yet. Usually by 4 weeks, their colors seem to set in. BTW, would you mind sharing the breeder you are using? I have been searching for a long time for a quality Sable breeder. It's been very difficult navigating through so many inexperienced breeders and/or scams. We live near Pittsburgh, but I have looked literally all over the US. I completely understand if don't want to share. Thanks 😊

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh my goodness! What a little angel ❤. In my experience breeding, our sable looking pups change quite a bit. Hard to tell just yet. Usually by 4 weeks, their colors seem to set in. BTW, would you mind sharing the breeder you are using? I have been searching for a long time for a quality Sable breeder. It's been very difficult navigating through so many inexperienced breeders and/or scams. We live near Pittsburgh, but I have looked literally all over the US. I completely understand if don't want to share. Thanks 😊
Thanks, she is just too cute lol Her previous litters have produced whites and pale saddle backs, this little one has started much darker but only time will tell. As for my breeder, she is a hobby breeder and this is her last litter plus we are in the UK.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, she is just too cute lol Her previous litters have produced whites and pale saddle backs, this little one has started much darker but only time will tell. As for my breeder, she is a hobby breeder and this is her last litter plus we are in the UK.
Thank you for replying. Good luck, she is precious.❤

1 - 8 of 8 Posts