German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

Anyone have any input on this. I have read around on this and everything I read says it's generally not a good sign. But she does generally act happy when saying "hello" to the neighbors. She is familiar with them and wags the tail enthusiastically and all. I don't have any concerns really. It's more of curiosity than anything.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Where did you read that it was bad ? It's generally a sign of submissiveness. My dog does this when greeting other dogs (he's just barely 7 months) and both my husband and I. I think she likes your neighbors.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
My puppy does this whenever she sees someone she REALLY likes and in the morning when she comes out of her crate and hasn't seen me all night :) She's always very happy when she has them back, she does it when she chews too :D

·
Premium Member
16,941 Posts
Yes, ears back are a sign of submission, and a perfectly appropriate way to greet people.

Ears back, like completely flat WITH snarling/growling, nose wrinkled, fangs showing . . . well, that is pretty self explanatory!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Baron shoots his back when he hasn't seen somebody he likes in awhile. But he looks super happy. Tail wagging, front paws bouncing.
This is a submissive sign? I always thought it was a `I am sooo happy to see you sign?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Bella does this all the time when she's happy or a little nervous.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
As soon as I get home from work, Zeus pins his ears all the way back like he has none and wines, wags and licks my face like no tomorrow. Love him. <3

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
When Kiya gets really excited she kind of crinkles her ear, we call her "Kiya Bent Ear". Deffinately not just pinned back flat, it's usually only 1 ear that she bends, I'll have to post a picture I was actually going to ask If anyone elses dog does that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts