German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
Hi Alexandra - you need to watch your typing, the makes your post hard to understand.

Can you post a picture of your pup? How much are you feeding her? where do you live?

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
I am sorry for the typing errors . I live in Florida and my vet told me to give the puppy one cup and a half every day. View attachment 68474 View attachment 68482
She is 10 weeks now
Thank you

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
I need to watch my typing too - I meant to say that the autocorrect makes the post hard to understand. :) (Autocorrect is EVIL).

A cup and a half is not enough for a GSD pup - they grow so fast, and are high-energy dogs, your pup should get roughly three cups of kibble a day. But that can vary depending on the food you feed and your pup's needs.

Also as other have said, there are some much better foods out there. The puppy feeding section should have some recommendations that you can try.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got good results from the Wellness brand, and the Dog Food Advisor site gave it good reviews iirc. My dog is currently eating Blue Buffalo, though, cause apparently the Wellness made her smell like fish :-\

·
Registered
860 Posts
The Truth About Pet Food: Bad Ingredients - K9 Instinct - Dog Nutritionist and Dog Trainer in Kitchener, Ontario, Canada. K9 Instinct Blog!

That's a very good article to read on about what your food shouldn't have in it. They have a TON of amazing information about everything. I recommend reading every article on her blog
. I would also like to share this photo from their facebook page that gives a visual of the indgredients in most bad food. Not very nutritious just a bunch of garbage. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=582005635165394&set=a.519997114699580.120963.512472672118691&type=1&theater

1 - 11 of 11 Posts