German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I am delighted to be a new owner of a GSD . I got Duke when he was 4mth old. He was very anxious bless him but with plenty of love and reassuring care he has come round. After 2wks I gave him a worm dose as he was constantly nipping at his backside also not eating regularly. He was fantastic to house train and very well behaved, a little bit to well behaved if I'm being honest. He is still not eating regularly and not as active even when he does eventually. I am feeding him nuts and a mix of twins not in every feed I also tried other food and wet the nut too. He did have an issue with eating his Pooh but iv been on it so he has been really good trying not to lol. Can anyone relate to this. Also he was eating grass making himself sick. I know they will do that but he has been doing it 3days now. Thanks 馃槉

Registered
I'd start with taking a poop sample to the vet so that you can be sure the "worm dose" is effective against what ever worm/ parasite he may have......I see you're not in the US..but what do you mean by....."feeding him nuts and a mix of twins"......nuts are not something you feed your dog.....your pet squirrel Yes ! but not your dog...are you feeding a kibble of some type ?

Registered
Have you tried different types of kibble? We had Agis on Fromm puppy and Agis rarely finished his food...went to grain-free (Acana) nice and stinky and suddenly he loves his own food and hoovers it down.

Different proteins, grain, grain-free - worth checking out different options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts