German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can't stop her!
beamer is 7 months old, we got her at 12 weeks.
there are 3 cats in our house, & she started out hating one, & being okay with the other 2, but now it's just insane.

she freaks out if one is anywhere near her (we try our hardest to keep them apart--but theyre sneaky cats & always find a way to her) & the other day my husband found her holding the cat by her neck.. & NOT gently.

i really need this to stop, asap. its so hard to control her when we put her outside to pee.. if theres a cat she will chase after her (shes on a leash) & if shes inside she will tear everythign apart to get to a cat.. HELP!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
There may be some that will totaly disagree, but you may want to try an ecollar, do some research, but it is a tool they often use with SAR for the same issues. Ive had one on my own arm, so I know perfectly how strong the force is at all levels. There are some good ones and bad ones, good stories and bad stories, I recomend getting advise from a pro on it. you may try asking Lou Castle or reading some of his advice and articles. he will also reply to a direct e-mail asking for advice and help.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ones that send like buzz's/shocks?

we had one when we first got beamer. it never worked, she ignored it completely & then after that it stopped working.

maybe ill look back into it,

thank you!

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
It's more like a tap than anything else, at least at the working level that it should be used at. My dog responds beautifully but I had the help of a good trainer in learning to use it properly. Get a good one that has a dial to set the level and get a pro to help you acclimatize her to it. I have never used one with my prior dogs, I was concerned, but I have complete confidence now. http://www.loucastle.com/ this is a good reference site to start your research on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts