German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

So, i've had Mali for 2 weeks now and his only 9 weeks old, within the 2 weeks i've had there has been nothing better... I've seen him gradually grow, and that cute sad look on his face (even though his not sad) i now know why they say "a dog is a man's best friend"
Anyway, at the moment his sleeping and eating in my walk in wardrobe in my room as mum doesnt want him in the laundrey, for the past 2 weeks now i have been building him a proper home thats got stumps, concrete and the lot i never knew it was such a big job untill i started but hoiopefully this weekend it will be over hehehe.

I've been taking Mali to a GSD traiuning class so he can socialize a bit, but i do have 1 question, As a pup he is teething and his biting everything which i really don't mind BUT how can i teach him not to bite me? everytime he is biting me i try to get his attention and when he looks at me i say "NO" in a really High pitched tone, is there anything else i can do?
I just don't want him to grow to keep biting me lol, even thoough his little ive still got a couple cuts on my hands and feet because of his sharp teeth lol.

Anyway thanks in Advance,

Eddy

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I think he'll grow out of the mouthing. One thing you can do is give a yelp like you're a dog, especially when he bites too hard. It's what his litter mates would do if he bit them too hard and should let him know he's biting you too hard.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Have some things you do allow him to chew on and put them in his mouth when he goes to bite you. Be sure and 'yelp' like he's taking your arm off and he'll be surprised and hopefully let up on the biting so much. He's going to be nipping and biting and teething for the next few months so you'll have to try a bit of everything to get him to stop. And he will stop once he gets older

1 - 4 of 4 Posts