German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez my poor Duke I thought we got his itching under control - we switched him from grains to grain free about 5 weeks ago... starting with TOTW Bison formula grain free he seemed to do pretty well with it his itching was very minimal if at all after about 2 weeks but I didn't think he liked it as well as the Salmon flavor so the next bag we bought the Salmon still with TOTW but he's back to itching like non stop! Could it really be the Salmon ? That's my only thought, I feel SO bad :( because it was MY idea "oh he loved Salmon before ( still itched but thought it was grains ) so let him have the Salmon grain free" and all he does is itching and bite at himself. I am buying him another bag of Bison ASAP and getting him off the Salmon. Just wanted to hear your thoughts... we've given him nothing with grains in it since we went grain free to give it an honest shot at this.
So meanwhile until he gets the bag or the itching is relieved I have some itch relief spray & benadryl.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I took Jake off of Acana Pacifica and stopped salmon oil sipplements and his dandruff and itchiness has about completely stopped! I don't know yet if it was a coincidence or not. Soon I am going to reintroduce the salmon based food and see, then try adding the salmon oil and see. If he was better with out the salmon then I would avoid it all together for now....wait a month or so and then try again and see if it rears up again. Good luck I understand the frustration!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Kokoda's itching and dandruff has stopped since we took her off Acana Pacifica as well. She's now on a chicken based grain free food and is doing great.

Renee - Glad to hear Jake is doing so well! I was thinking about him just the other day, and was going to ask if you'd found a solution.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow ok I guess that explains it, DH is getting me a new bag of food tonight for my boy.
I am glad you found relief for your little ( well big now lol ) fluff ball :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Renee- what did Jake look like as a puppy ? He is just stunning!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.