German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be picking up my new pup in a few weeks. Her name is Una. She is not quite 3 1/2, and she is just sweet as can be. Me and the boys are very much looking forward to having her join the family. It is my second GSD, but my first show line. My first GSD was a working line rescue.

I'm so very excited to have a GSD again. I love her so much already.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
Very pretty!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yay! She is lovely. Where is she coming from? What is her story and how did you find her?
Una comes from Beth over at Hollow Hills. She was failing to produce any puppies so after multiple visits and Beth vetting me extensively (and Una meeting my children) she agreed to sell her to me as a companion dog. I wasn’t looking for a puppy so this is perfection for me.

I would highly recommend Hollow Hills to anyone near PA looking for high quality puppies and an AKC breeder of merit who truly cares about the dogs and furthering the breed.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Oh yeah she’s a fluffy one. My working line wasn’t like this. I’ve had double coated dogs before but never a fluffy one like this.

Y’all have any brush suggestions?
I never even knew there were single coated Shepherds until my latest black/silver who has a very short coat (but double I believe since he molted at 5 months)

In most cases I'd recommend an undercoat rake for brushing and reducing shedding. Longer hair needs a long pinned steel comb.

I brush a few times per week in shedding season (GSD are knows as German Shedders ;) ) and weekly for maintenance. Most suggest more. I just use what's known as a dog slicker brush.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank y'all for the tip! My GSD was double coated but much shorter haired. She still shed like **** but she didn't really ever do the big dramatic coat blowout.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Una comes from Beth over at Hollow Hills. She was failing to produce any puppies so after multiple visits and Beth vetting me extensively (and Una meeting my children) she agreed to sell her to me as a companion dog. I wasn’t looking for a puppy so this is perfection for me.

I would highly recommend Hollow Hills to anyone near PA looking for high quality puppies and an AKC breeder of merit who truly cares about the dogs and furthering the breed.
We have a deposit down on a Hollow Hills Pup. Beth is absolutely fantastic!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts