German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Chaos. He belonged to a friend of my roommates. (yes, the crazy roommates that brought home the 2 pit bull puppies...) I'm not sure the whole story of what was going on, its complicated. But this dog and their other dog were not being cared for. The other dog is here as well, but the roommates responsibility. Both dogs are emaciated, but the other one (a pitbull) just needs weight and to be spayed. This guy needs some training and rehab so I said I'd take him in.

With the other dog, they rehomed the dog once and supposedly it came back to them looking the way it does. But seeing the other dog now... I'm doubting that story. Originally when my roommates asked about him, the people wanted my roommates to take him and get him to gain weight and hand him back over! Uhh, sorry. Not returning a dog thats been neglected! So they said he was going to a rescue in Franklin... I pointed out the rescue in Franklin has been closed down a few years now, thats where I had adopted my boy Logan. After a few days of back and forth, they showed up tonight with the dog.

2 year old neutered male. He is VERY timid and fearful. I've been told he has food aggression (but then again, poor thing is starved so I'd be food aggressive too!) and has chased down and nipped at children. I didn't want him going to a shelter, I advised he go to a GSD rescue or let me handle it due to his issues. And seeing him now, I'm very glad they decided to hand him over. I don't think he would have made it out of a shelter alive. He also smells horrible and has poop stuck in his fur. But with him being so scared I'm not about to bathe him yet.

Anyhow, on to the pictures! (lousy quality but he's been here all over half an hour. Shaky hands, camera phone... And ignore the hole in my wall.)

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Poor baby. Glad you took him in! Now he has a chance to see what life can really be like.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Your a good person. Glad to see some one that cares has him. I bet with patients and some food lol he will be an awesome dog.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think he definitely will be beautiful! I'm partial to the darker dogs.

He is SO skinny right now. You can't really tell in the photos from the bad lighting and cell phone camera. But looking at him standing I can see his ribs, hipbones, AND spine. I don't think he has any food agression issues, I think what they called aggression was just a starving dog.

I'm pretty sure he's been hit for going potty inside... Last night he had a little diarrhea on the floor, and when I reached for his leash (so it wouldn't drag through the mess) he panicked and started to give me a fear warning bite. I was moving slowly and saw it coming and pulled my hand back, then he stood staring at me physically shaking. Earlier he started to pee on the floor, and when I jumped up the poor guy RACED into the crate, and Emma was laying down inside it and he climbed right over Emma and sat shaking in the back corner of it. I

t makes me so mad... I'm glad I didn't meet the people that handed him over. The roommates handled it and called me telling me he was here. I probably would have gone off on the guy. They said he was crying as he handed over the dog, but come ON. The roommates said most likely he guys wife was the one that caused all the problems, but even if he had no idea about any abuse there is no excuse for letting a dog get so severely neglected.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts