German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Veterans Day everyone to all that served and are serving your nation!! :cool:

We had the day off and I was able to get Maxwell to stand still to get some pictures of him finally.
Maxwell has gained quite a bit of weight and is very happy, healthy and learning quite a bit lately. :D

He went walking today and came home to have some milkbones; those are one of his favorite snacks. :)

So Here's Maxwell !! :wub:

Attachments

·
Registered
447 Posts
Hi Maxwell, glad you found a forever home. You sure are a handsome boy. My girl thinks milkbones are delicious too.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
What a sweetheart! He's handsome! My kids think Milkbones and Kirkland dog biscuits are God's gift to puppies... How old is he? Glad he has a safe and happy home :)

God bless,
Misty

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yes, I didn't mention his background,

Maxwell is about 2 years old; I got him from the Charlotte, NC animal shelter while in search of my 7 yr old Scooter; still searching for Scooter....

He was picked up by the Charlotte police dept. wandering the airport cargo holding area. He was starving and emaciated. The shelter had e-mailed me his picture and I thought he was Scooter, but wasn't.
The lady at the shelter said he was going to be put down in 72hrs; so I took him home. My wife is spoiling him and he likes that a lot! No heartworms, no health issues other than starving and his blood work came back perfect.
Happy ending!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your losing Scooter... I sure hope he shows up safe and sound soon... I will be praying for that.. Lucky for this handsome lad you came along when you did

God bless,
Misty

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great looking GSD,so good that you brought him home He's one Happy looking Dog.
I hope your Scooter finds his way home,I can't imagine what your feeling.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Oz, he is so handsome! Still searching for Scooter, thats so so sad.. Take good care of Max, save treats for Scooter, who knows, someone out there has him, is loving him.. Be safe, Deb

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for your prayers and kindest words about Scooter; it helps a lot.

Scooter is an accomplished escape artist. Wherever and whatever he is contained in, he will study his surrounding for weeks and then put his escape plan into action.
2 years ago I caught him climbing our 8ft. chain link fence and hopping into the neighbors yard; then terrorized the two beagles around the block--didn't hurt them, but scared the couple there half to death; and last year he opened the glass door on my pickup topper and ran into the grocery store I was in causing quite a stir, with store clerks chasing him up and down the aisles until he ran into me and I finally caught him. So I think its a matter of time before he gets away and someone sees him and matches him up to one of the flyers I have in the area.

Maxwell is a good boy and he doesn't want to go anywhere out of the yard, just on walks with us and playing with his new raquet ball or chewing his soup bone we boiled for him.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
That is because Maxwell has already had his great adventure and it wasn't near as much fun as he thought it would be, lol... Hope Scooter learns this too, when he turns up :)

God bless! (and help find Scooter)
Misty

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Very handsome boy!! Yeah we had a few bone box raids on the milk bones here! My boys loved them!! I'm so glad you rescued Maxwell!! Keeping Scooter in our prayers!!

·
Registered
778 Posts
Congratulations on Maxwell. He really does look like a happy boy.

And I wish you good luck on your search for Scooter. I was just thinking about him the other day. The stories about him escaping are classic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts