German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for puppies and wasn't too particular in the breed other than some small, yippity type dog. I saw an ad on craigslist for Black German Shepard puppies and knew based on their price they weren't full-blood. The sellers haven't told me what the parents are but how they've changed, I'm inclined to acknowledged what I knew as not being full-blooded. I don't really care what they are but would love to know what's in their backgrounds. Any clues? The sellers are silent as I assume they only wanted their $$. Thanks in advance! Attached are some progressive pictures from the time I got them at 8 weeks and them now at 13. He's gone Brindle and she's developed a white face. Any clues? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Those look like unhealthy puppies to me. Have they been to the vet recently for a fecal sample and full blood workup?

As far as the mix, there isn't really any way to tell for sure. There aren't too many breeds that have blue eyes, so maybe they have Australian shepherd, Australian cattle dog, Catahoula leopard or husky in there somewhere? They are probably a result of two mixed breed parents and have a lot of breeds in them. You can always do a DNA test if you really want to have some sort of idea.

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts
wow, they sure are not GSDs. It is hard to say at this point what the mix it. I'd check with Embark for DNA and maybe see if there are any genetic things to watch out for. I'm curious to see how these two look in a couple of months. Just to see if any of us guessed right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree about taking these pups to the vet... Have you yet? The way your describing the seller, I'd take these guys to the vet asap just to be safe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts