German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I picked up a little 9 month old baby out of an awful situation. She's 37lbs. I know she should not be overweight, especially that she's a tripod but yikes...She has to eat a cheeseburger or something. Seriously though, the poor thing has horrible tummy issues also. :( She is scared of everything and everyone. It's awful to know...and not know...what she's been through. I've heard so many different stories...I do not know what to believe but the important part is that she's out of that situation and here with me. They believe her "owner" broke her leg. He said he came home from work one day and it was just all mangled up. :confused:

I'm carefully introducing my current three GSD's to this new little girl. They aren't being as welcoming as I hoped they would be but...I'm still going to try. Last year I adopted my senior GSD just before he was going to be euthanized and it was awful when I brought him home. I mean OMG awful!! But...I made it work and they are all best buds now. :wub: I hope I can help this little girl also! Here is Hera...

PS...Yes, I like mythology. Thor, Athena, Apollo and Hera. :)

Here is Athena checking on Hera...

Here are my three GSD's that I had before I rescued Hera today... :)

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
She is so pretty. Be careful with the weight and I'm positive it will all work out:)

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
That is great you were able to rescue her. Saw a three legged dog at the beach today. I am amazed that they can get around so well. She does need some meat on the bones. Hope you can find the right food for her tummy. Love the pic of GSD driving his pals around.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hera with my daughter Isabella...

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Poor thing, I'm glad she's in a safe loving home now. I know a couple of tripods, as Lombardo mentioned the major thing is keeping them lean to reduce stress on their joints.

The tractor picture is awesome!! :)

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Beautiful pup ... glad you were able to get her!!!

Loved the photos, especially the one of the three of them!!!

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm trying to post a little video of her from yesterday when I first brought her home. Let's see if it works...

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope the above video works for you guys. Here's a couple of pics from when I first picked her up yesterday. Pure love in her eyes!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
The video did work. I have to say that I hope you know how amazing it is that you have taken not only this one, but the last one to. She has got to be completely amazed at where she is from where she came from. After all of that and she still has spirit in her eyes and love in her heart:)

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Little Isabella is never going to have a care in the world. LOL! Thank you for rescuing this little beauty. You totally rock!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
She's so pretty. Such a sweet face. Our neighbors had a Boston terrier with three legs and he did a great job of keeping up with the other dogs.

·
Premium Member
11,248 Posts
she looks like a total sweetheart! You are a wonderful person for taking on some of these poor dogs who would not have a chance otherwise...thank you.

Lee

·
Registered
27,250 Posts
Thank you for taking her into your life. She looks very grateful! Love the photo on the tractor!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
What a pretty girl, love seeing how full of life and happy she is. What a wonderful thing you did best of luck and well wishes...

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Wow I'd walk a mile to meet her. I really wanted to view the video so hopefully you can figure out how to post one that works.

She looks so iddy biddy thin but I'm guessing that's a good thing for a tripod. What I never understood is how some dogs that come from miserable conditions can be so upbeat and loving. That picture of her with the little girl speaks a lot to me!

Thanks for taking her in and giving her a lovely forever home! Keep us posted about her please! c:

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
that poor baby, she is so thin :( very pretty girl, im sure she will look much different with time. i know that my dog had terrible tummy issues as a puppy. hope it doesnt last long, and thanks for giving her a loving home :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts