German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I found this forum while trying to find out what was going on with Acana food out of Canada. I'm not a GSD owner. Actually, I have a Plott Hound I adopted in 02/07. He's now about 10.5 years old and my sunshine. I say he's my only living relative! Anyway, I called myself OldDog Mom because he's old, I'm old...it works.
While not a GSD person, I'm definitely one who loves most dogs. I strongly believe in the value of nutrition and social development of our pets and over the years, as I've learned more, my goal has been to provide my old fella with a happy, carefree, and active life.
And that's my intro! -:)

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Welcome. What is a Plott hound? You realize 90% of our threads are about German Shepherds? Some of what we say generalizes, though, to other large breeds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(I hope I'm doing this correctly). Anyway, yes I do know that most of the threads are about GSD'S altho' I'd estimate more like 99.5%. And yes, there is some generalization and that's how I ended up here. A Google search on issues with Acana dog food formula change lade me here.
As for my old fella...the Plott Hound is the state dog for North Carolina. They're known for their hunting/tracking abilities and especially for hunting wild boar and bear. However, as a young pup my guy was horribly gun shy and essentially, got dumped. Was picked up by animal control, was scheduled for "euthanasia" at 3 PM on the day SPCA made their rounds and recognized his potential. After living at their facility about 4 months and being passed over for adoption because he was wild (friendly but WILD!!) I brought him home at about 7 months of age. Truly. ..the best decision of my life in terms of dog's and friends.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

We'd love to see a picture of your sunshine!
A little later I'll try to figure out how to post a current photo but in the meantime, if you're interested, you can google North Carolina State Dog and the dog pictured looks much like mine - a younger version, of course. My guy started off 100% brindle and not a white hair to be found. Now he has a grey muzzle and feet. Grey around the eyes, too. Makes him look like a racoon but I don't tell him thst. I tell him he looks like a ferocious hunter. -:)

·
Premium Member
7,820 Posts
Welcome to you and your old boy. I have only seen probably two Plott hounds. Looking forward to seeing pictures.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome ! :) I hope you are able to find a solution for your boy in regards to the Acana food. Looking forward to pictures as well :) Haven't seen that breed before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts