German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never posted my horses so here goes!

ImageUploadedByPG Free1371253266.928354.jpg
Magics Colors of Lace SSH/TWH

ImageUploadedByPG Free1371253336.387122.jpg
Miss Dixie Ritz. TWH

ImageUploadedByPG Free1371253421.912099.jpg
Rhadiant Bey. Half-Arab

ImageUploadedByPG Free1371253575.496325.jpg
Rhepentance Bey. Half-Arab

ImageUploadedByPG Free1371253697.362518.jpg
Hy Five Rhiot. Saddlebred

ImageUploadedByPG Free1371253760.436981.jpg
Ritz Good as Gold. TWH

Please post your horse photos !!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
nice looking!! Love the spotted ASB and half Arabs - are they ASB crosses?

Lee

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kind of Lee, the dam was out of a TWH mare by a Saddlebred/Morgan stallion, she was also the dam of the Spotted Saddlebred, it was a unique set of genes and all my horsie friends questioned me for doing it, but all 3 of these foals were halter and performance champions at Class A and Regional Championships, here's the Halter pictures

ImageUploadedByPG Free1371262866.523361.jpg

ImageUploadedByPG Free1371262906.139991.jpg

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Gorgeous horses, thanks so much for sharing them with us. :wub:

·
Registered
31,906 Posts
I have no horses, but I'd convert my 12x12 shed into a barn stall and my front yard into a paddock for that first one.

I always wanted to own a morgan, but now, I know that it will take a long time for me to heal if I fall off, so owning and riding horses is probably something I won't ever do.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol Sue, that first one is my trail horse and as laid back as can be, I'm no spring chick and no what you mean about falling, I used to exercise race horses but now only ride my gaited horses on the trails, though I like them with get up and go, your never too old to live a dream, there are lots of kid gentle riding horses out there, I can't recommend the gaited breeds enough, they're comfortable and sane.

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Lol Sue, that first one is my trail horse and as laid back as can be, I'm no spring chick and no what you mean about falling, I used to exercise race horses but now only ride my gaited horses on the trails, though I like them with get up and go, your never too old to live a dream, there are lots of kid gentle riding horses out there, I can't recommend the gaited breeds enough, they're comfortable and sane.
I remember as a kid the crazy stuff I would do on horseback. But now, the older I get the harder the ground seems. I have also found myself dialing back quite a bit. I used to love a horse with "get up and go" now I want a horse with "wait, were we going somewhere?"

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
soooooo beautiful!

·
Premium Member
11,265 Posts
well I started out with an appy mare whose dam was half TB and whose sire was obviously mostly Arab, but app crossed - American Remount was on the pedigree, so he was at least part Arab...bred her to a TB who was by Graustark and from Bold Ruler's full sister - then took that mare to a Selle Francais and to Spectacular Bid, who won the Kentucky Derby and Preakness...finally got my gray TB at the end and she was evil and nasty! LOL LOL The Selle francais cross is awesome - has evented at the Ky Horse Park and been in top 3 a couple of times....I - of course!!! - cannot ride any more.... :( :( :( But have always been a horseman of multi breed interests....TBs, Arabs and anything that can jump!

Lee

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
so beautiful...I am coveting just a little bit...

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Interesting Lee!! I too took a few generations to achieve my goal, it wasn't as easy as just breeding the common Arab crosses for me, I wanted a certain look but more than anything I wanted the TWH rear end with their superb " collection" I started by leasing a super typy TWH mare that was square moving and crossed her to this Saddlebred/Morgan stallion:

ImageUploadedByPG Free1371307348.806842.jpg

The result was a solid black ( I wanted Pinto :(. ) filly that was my dream come true, 4 foals and 3 Champions, the 4th the prettiest but not shown, here is that grand mare:
ImageUploadedByPG Free1371307547.656582.jpg

I about went into a dark hole when she died at 24, she started everything for me and I will never be able to replace her, though I still have the Half-Arab mares, she was my once in a lifetime horse, she hated showing and I promised if she won one class she would be retired, she promptly won a 27 horse class in hunter under saddle beating TB's and Warmbloods as well as QH's and Arabs, the judge couldn't believe her pedigree and said she was just a moving machine, she had sooo much drive off her hocks that gave her such a fancy front end, I could switch tack and she could go 3 gaited English Pleasure in the Saddle Seat Division, I still miss her :(

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
beautiful horses.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
some seriously beautiful horses you have there, all of them! now about your avatar, that is one beautiful dog you have there. I cant remember you posting any pictures of him (hint, hint) lol

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
@ LARHAGE, first of all, beautiful horses!!!

But, the reason I am posting is that I think it is really cool that someone who has a littermate of the pup you took in several years ago just posted on an old thread titled "New Addition." As I wasn't a member at that time, it did pique my curiosity about any updates you might have about the pup! I bet the person with the littermate would love it!

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Love your pictures! I am partial to the Arabians, myself. Of course, that wouldn't have anything to do with the bay handsomeness that is my gelding, right?!

I rode my first gaited horse last year and I can see what all the fuss is about! smooth didn't even begin to describe it. I was so impressed with that TWH that I seriously thought about buying him. Sweet, gentle and very easy to be around.
Sheilah

·
Registered
31,906 Posts
My nieces got to do a week-long horse camp this past week. They mucked out the stalls every day, and learned how to groom the horses and tack and they did riding every day. I find myself living through them. They are loving this summer. My sister has them signed up for so much stuff that she says they will be relieved when school starts so they can rest.

This week they did horses in the morning for four hours, and then math monkey in the afternoons, and then other stuff in the evenings.

But my sister is planning on them continuing with the horse stuff during the school year if she can work it in.

·
Registered
952 Posts
BEAUTIFUL!!! Love horses! My dream is to someday own a few acres, barn, and a couple horses. Rode a lot growing up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Beautiful horses! My horses do not have the pedigree that yours do, but we love 'em and think they are beautiful. Good to see horse lovers here too!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 56 Posts