German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rumo is really turning into a “go anywhere” dog. Tonight we sat outside at Panera for dinner. When our food came I gave him his dinner, which I had brought in a plastic container. After eating, he laid down quietly behind my chair while the humans finished eating. ( it takes us longer than 45 seconds ).

Then we strolled over to the PetSmart and went through the double doors. A puppy at the checkout lunged at Rumo, and he politely sniffed noses and wagged his tail. We wandered around the store and a lunging barking dog came around corner...we calmly went into next aisle where Rumo inspected many brands of dog food with his nose. I saw places where dogs had marked, but he never lifted his leg. He was not impressed by the fish.

The cashier offered him a treat and asked him to sit. He totally ignored the cashier, but when I said “sit” he obeyed me. When I pointed at the treat and said “yes!” he took it politely from the cashier’s hand.

Then we went back to the car. Rumo climbed in and sat there looking out the window with a smile. He loves it when our whole family goes out together and includes him. On the way home I told him, “ I am so proud of you! You are just like a human now!” *

* disclaimer: this does not include any situations involving cats!! *

·
Registered
5,457 Posts
Such a cute story !

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
This made my entire day. All the warm and fuzzies. Can't thank you enough for sharing. What a happy dog, you must be doing a wonderful job with him.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
that is a great story to be proud of and a very good example of solid temperament and clear thinking. Atta boy Rumo!

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
Isn't it grand to be able to go out and about like that? In a perfect world, people would see a well behaved and beautiful dog like yours and want some of that for themselves. Then they would invest in good breeders and trainers. Yup, in a perfect world.

good dog Rumo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts